Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Please Pray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Pray

I just received really sad news from my mother. I have a younger brother, Robert, and he is in the Army Reserves. He is currently in Germany for a 2 or 3-week training course. He called my parents tonight to tell them that his unit has been activated, and he will be sent to Iraq for a year deployment. Robert's training is in demolitions and dismantling mines. I asking for prayers that he makes it home safely and in one piece.

Crystal
    Gas, and 4 kids

How scary--I'll pray for him to come home safely!
    Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

That is scary, Crystal. It's hard to think of going to Germany for a few weeks of training and then find out you'll be in Iraq for a year.
      We'll be thinking of you and your family.
      Will he make a trip back to the US before heading out to Iraq?

Comment

I'm sorry, Crystal. I'll definitely be thinking of him.
        Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
        Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
        Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Crystal,

You and your brother are in my prayers. I am grateful for his service to our country.

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I'll be thinking of you and your family and hoping that your brother makes it home safely. I, too, am thankful for people like him who have the courage and selflessness to serve this great country.
            ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
            -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Nellie- My brother will be able to return to the United States before heading off to Iraq. I think he comes home the day after Thanksgiving. The hard thing is, he is in the middle of a semester at Weber State College in Ogden, UT. His professors have been nice enough to give him some leeway with this training, in that if he is unable to complete the work before the end of the term then they will give him an 'incomplete' and an opportunity to finish the work after the term is over. As my dad told me the other night, he doesn't think his professors will give him over a year to complete the work. It sounds like that Robert will be leaving as soon as he gets back to the US. We'll see. Robert initially signed with the Army Reserves to help pay for his undergraduate education, somewhat follow in Daddy's footsteps (he's retired USMC Officer), and to help him gain some experience for the field he wants to go into- Criminal Justice, wants to be a police officer.

Kelly- I am grateful for the 20 years that my dad put in and served our country. Now I have a little brother who will be doing something similar. I wish my father Happy Veteran's Day every year, and when I remember "Happy USMC Birthday", as well as any other day honoring our servicemen. My favorite military poem is the "Merry Christmas, My Friend" Maybe I will post it once we get closer to Christmas.

Thank you everyone for your prayers and words of encouragement. I will pass them onto my parents.

Crystal
              Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Your family is my thoughts and prayers.
                Luanne
                Luanne
                wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Crystal,

Our families have SO much in common. My brother actually is in the Marines and just got back from serving in Iraq last spring. My husband's dad is also a dentist. I think you once mentioned that Matt did his undergrad at USU. My DH did some there also as he is from Logan. I can't remember the other similarities right now and I need to close b/c my daughter is crying and hungry but I just thought I'd share. It's so fun to read and get to "know" everyone and alot of the time you can relate so well.

Comment

You and your family are in my thoughts.
                    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Crystal-

Your family is in my thoughts- as a military spouse, I can imagine what you guys are going through.

Hopefully he'll have a safe assignment and will use this experience to grow personally and professionally.

Please keep us posted-

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                      X