Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Getting to know you question #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've played the piano since I was 6 but am way out of practice. We've been saving for a nice, used piano and I really hope Santa can afford to bring one next Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by Curegirl View Post
      Piano, flute/piccolo, a little oboe, cello, a little violin, and guitar. This is what happens when you grow up with a music teacher mom.
      I also grew up with a music teacher mom!

My mom taught me to play piano beginning at age 4. There is NO getting away with not practicing when your mom is your teacher. I switched to a "real" piano teacher at age 12 or so and didn't really like it, so I stopped taking lessons. I don't play "for" anything but myself any more, but we do have a piano in our house, and I play it pretty frequently.

I also play the flute and have since 6th grade. I currently play with my church choir, which I love love love. I've also dabbled in community bands but am not involved in any currently.

And I was a drum major for two years in high school, marched with a bass drum one year, and I've done a bit of mallet percussion.
      Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

-clarinet
        -flute
        -piccolo
        -alto sax
        -tenor sax
        -bari sax

I played in jazz band, pep band, symphonic band, etc. Not a big shock that DD1 is also a major band geek, too.

Comment

Nope. But I've always wanted to learn how to play the piano. My grandmother played the piano beautifully and my cousin is a music professor who plays classical guitar, records albums and everything.
          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Piano. I am not good, but I enjoy it. We own a baby grand.

Comment

I played the piano until about 8th grade when I realized that my midget hands were never going to grow big enough for me to reach an octave. Its still a sore point.
              -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
              Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
              Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Err....I'm feeling a bit inadequate here! I have zero musical or artistic ability.

ETA: FWIW, I don't think your uber-Tiger Mom. You are living your belief. I think that the best parent shares their passions and beliefs, regardless of what they are. Mine certainly are different, but we have some non-negotiables that must be mastered before they leave the house. There is a huge chasm between you and Tigermom.
                Last edited by houseelf; 01-03-2013, 05:15 PM.
                In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I played trumpet from 6th grade through 10th grade.
                  Laurie
                  My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by GreyhoundsRUs View Post
                    Here you go (from two different shows, obv):
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1646[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1647[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1648[/ATTACH]
                    simply awesome. what a great memory.
                    -Ladybug

Comment

I played the bells in church choir. Playing the piano is on my bucket list.
                      Needs

Comment

Trombone! Only girl
                        ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Nice!
                          Jen
                          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug View Post
                            simply awesome. what a great memory.
                            Thanks Actually had a nightmare about it the other night - DH forgot to tell me that we had a show with all new songs and was pissed I didn't know them My response: why didn't we have band practice!?!
                            Jen
                            Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

OMG, GRU, I love you even more now.

I learned how to play violin, clarinet, tuba, and piano. I always had trouble with my left hand though (piano). I also did chorus for one year, which my music teacher browbeat me into and when I tried to quit, she wouldn't let me. (She was an elderly single lady...easy to see why she never married!) I'm not a very good singer, so I don't know what that was about.

Comment

Typical Asian family. I played piano and my brother plays violin.
                                married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Working...
                                X