Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Confession: I'm a nerd.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me now if you want any lavender. I have a yard full of wild lavender that I'd be happy to pick and dry for you.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
      Let me now if you want any lavender. I have a yard full of wild lavender that I'd be happy to pick and dry for you.
      I would love lavender - it is my sister's favorite scent and it would be so pretty to have the buds in there for visual interest.
      Kris

Comment

I have some dried left over from fall. PM me your address and I'll send it as soon as I can get out of the driveway.

Comment

Kris, I would love to test some! My skin is ridiculously sensitive, and hates pretty much everything. If it works for me, it'll probably work for anybody.
          I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Sign me up if you need more testers!

Comment

Originally posted by corn poffi View Post
              Kris, I would love to test some! My skin is ridiculously sensitive, and hates pretty much everything. If it works for me, it'll probably work for anybody.
              Are you around tomorrow? I am coming into town to drop off the kids around 6ish...
              Kris

Comment

I'm not exactly sure how long I'll be stuck at the hospital, but I'll keep you posted!
                I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Originally posted by Curegirl View Post
                  Expert on all things Sweet Valley and Baby-Sitters Club.
                  Ok, I'm just catching up on this thread, but this cracked me up. I'm pretty sure I read every BSC book ever written, which is no small undertaking (except that you can skip whole chapters because they are the same every time). Ha!

Some of my favorite nerd pursuits: redistricting, NPR, The West Wing, and basically anything related to state and local government.
                  Last edited by oceanchild; 01-24-2013, 03:05 PM.
                  Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

My flaming inner nerd is obsessed with nutrition...when I say I have read reams of studies and books, I'm not joking. I have a big ass file for my future book. (and I didn't choose paleo for my family's way of eating on a lark, either....)

My newest thing is genealogy, thanks to DCJenn. Ho.Ly. Crap. I will put the kids to bed at 7, and next thing I know it's 4am. Utterly fascinating.

Comment

Kris, let me know when you guys start selling your wares and I'll place an order!

Comment

Originally posted by BonBon View Post
                        Kris, let me know when you guys start selling your wares and I'll place an order!
                        Me too!!!
                        Laurie
                        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

How did I miss this thread? My friends IRL will tell you that I max out the Geek-o-meter.

I'm full of useless trivia, with a specialty in Geography and History
                          I'm a terrible clutz. I run because it is all I can do without killing myself or someone else
                          I listen to all horrible teen music: Bieber, One Direction, Selena Gomez
                          I am a full fledged Harry Potter geek and wear HP tshirts in public
                          I read YA fiction like Twilight and Hunger games
                          I play Soduku obsessively
                          IRL I am notoriously terrible at small talk and head straight for more complex issue. In college, my sorority sisters joked about putting me in the back kitchen during Rush week instead of geeking out in front of would-be pledges

I'm sure there are more examples, but that is what comes to mind. The Geeks shall inherit the world!
                          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
                          X