Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Another doctor shooting...sigh :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another doctor shooting...sigh :(

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...in-clinic?lite

A doctor was fatally shot and the suspected gunman was in custody on Monday after a shooting at a doctor's office in Newport Beach, police said.The shooting happened at 2:45 p.m. in a second-floor patient room at 520 Superior Ave., said Kathy Lowe, of the the Newport Beach Police Department.
    Lowe said police received a call from someone reporting hearing up to seven shots fired in the medical office. Police arrived and found both the gunman and the shooting victim in the office.
    Read more on NBCLosAngeles.com
    The gunman, a man in his 70s whose name was not immediately released, was arrested without a struggle. An employee who works in the building said the gunman had a scheduled appointment with the slain doctor.
    Police did not identify the person who was shot, but witnesses told NBC4 that the man was possibly a urologist.
    Because the building is so new, witnesses initially thought the shooting was the sound of construction.
    "I thought it was construction, like a nail gun," said Kristin Crotty, an employee at the medical facility.
    The doctor has a wife and two children. His family declined to comment late Monday.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Veronica
    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Awful. What is wrong with people???

Comment

Yeah, shooting your URO will DEFINITELY help you with the erectile dysfunction. Good plan.

So terrible for the doc's family.

Comment

Horrifying.
          Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
          Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

How awful!
            Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Ugh. There was an update on MSNBC. Shooter was a patient of the doc. Apparently, his most recent surgery left him with incontinence that he was very angry about and regretted having the procedure.

Comment

Fabulous reason to shoot the doc, unbelievable!!
                Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

This makes me so mad for the poor doctor's family. I bet all the potential complications were fully disclosed, but the patient probably glossed over them. These things DO happen. To you. The doctor isn't just listing a bunch of things that could go wrong because he has nothing better to do with his time. Ugh!
                  Cristina
                  IM PGY-2

Comment

I worry WAY more about DH being attacked at work than anything happening to my kids at school. He works in a nice community hospital, and still had to call the police for two patients last week. One of the patients told my DH and a nurse that he was going to "go home, get his guns, and shoot the place up.". It honestly surprises me that this doesn't happen more often.
                    -Deb
                    Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

So scary. I shouldn't have read that. Are we safe anywhere from senseless violence?

Comment

Working...
                      X