Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Ehow: How to date a Dr... The secret's out haha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They forgot, "uncomplainingly behave as if you are his secretary, personal assistant, maid, cook, and laundress even if you are gainfully employed and busy with other things".
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

That's freaking hilarious, and I hope the intent was to be funny and not serious. If they're serious, I'm a little frightened!! Clearly DH could have done better than his VFF, hoodie and cargo pant wearing wife who challenges him on every issue and regularly forgets that he's even a fancy dawkter. ("Wait, how do YOU know that?! bahaha, I totally forgot that you might actually know xyz")

Comment

Originally posted by BonBon View Post
        and regularly forgets that he's even a fancy dawkter. ("Wait, how do YOU know that?! bahaha, I totally forgot that you might actually know xyz")
        Wait.. I'm not the only one who does this? lol.
        -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
        Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
        Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

You want the secret to dating a doctor?
          Make friends with a doctor's SO

During wifies residency we would get together with her resident friends quite often.
          All the single girls always complained about how they would like a boyfriend but just didnt have any time between work, study, sleep to meet anyone
          Here I was with half a dozen female friends. All of them were good looking and smart. And they were asking if I had single friends.
          Where the heck was a guy like me when I was 26?

Comment

HOW TO MEET A RESIDENT

1. Meet an available doctor. Frequent cafes, bars and restaurants near your local hospital that are inexpensive. Residents make about the same money as a waiter. Divide their time by how many hours they work and you will see they make minimum wage. Look for the people sneaking out cafateria food to take home. Because no one but an intern would take out hospital food

2 Don't volunteer at your local hospital. The last thing an inern who is working 100 hours a week wants to do is date a hospital employee. Volunteer at a library and look for the ones passed out in their book to get some sleep. If you are into activities like camping or other events that takes days, The only way you are going to meet a doctor is if you fall off the rocks.

3. Approaching doctors cautiously when seeking a date. Recognize that they really dont have time to be active on the dating scene.

4 Dont make them talk about their work. Dont blow a gasket when you spend hours preparing a meal and they mention that the chicken piccata cutlet remind them of a liver they dissected. Ask them to keep comments about puss, excretions and oozing until after you have eaten

5 Dress well and comfortably. This is the crowd that spends most of their life in scrubs. Walk up to them in an evening dress and heels and they will not understand (Yes, they have nice clothes, but they have been in the closet since med school) Dont talk medical. Listen when they do, but they are not in the bar to study and would really like to drop it for a few hours.

6 Tolerate missed dates and sudden boughts of falling asleep.

7 Try not to be surprised when you see the interns living arangements. Understand they have no money. Understand they arent going to be your sugar daddy. Most likely your place is going to be larger than theirs. Dont scream when you look in their fridge and find it empty.

Comment

When I first visited SO's place, it looked a like set from Trainspotting. No joke.

Comment

Pounced.org? Lol Are those the people who have sex dressed as animals?

Originally posted by MsSassyBaskets View Post
                And in case you're looking to date someone OTHER than a doctor: http://www.buzzfeed.com/seancurry1/t...-everyone-5qqa

Comment

Originally posted by L.Jane View Post
                  Wait.. I'm not the only one who does this? lol.
                  Me too!

Comment

not to be surprised when you see the interns living arangements. Understand they have no money. Understand they arent going to be your sugar daddy. Most likely your place is going to be larger than theirs. Dont scream when you look in their fridge and find it empty.
                    DrK had mice. He didn't know it because the house was so filthy and he was never there. He probably would have never found out if I hadn't told him that I wouldn't sleep over unless he cleaned the house.
                    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by Meenah View Post
                      This is tongue in cheek, right????
                      That was my reaction, too: is this for real or dry wit?

Comment

If it is for real, I need to throw up.
                        Luanne
                        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Meenah View Post
                          If it is for real, I need to throw up.
                          Word.
                          Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Can you imagine someone seriously would follow this advice? I don't think so. I showed it to dh earlier, he laughed and said "and you make me do dishes." In my defense it's only once in a while and it sucks doing dishes twice a day when you eat at home like 8 days straight. We met through a friend way before residency so nothing to do with hospitals or medical jargon. And he never cancelled a date, he was preoccupied with "fooling" me as he calls it. I thought he was the kindest most perfect guy ahhh but he was on his best behavior, he's just a guy.

Comment

Working...
                            X