Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Who do you talk to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you talk to?

nt

Originally posted by lonelywife View Post
    Who do you talk to? Who mentors you at church or who do you share your struggles with? We live in a small community where my husband has treated every pastor most of our church members, etc. If I am upset, I have no one... How have you found people??? I'm so tired of being alone. I have TONS and I mean TONS of acquaintances.. I am well liked. I am part of various groups, but deep friendships...none.

Background: married 23 years to my doc: dated in med school, got married and went through residency, then had kids as we moved into private practice where we have been for 15 years.. Just tired of being alone.
    Honestly? I don't talk to much of anyone, but I'm an introvert and don't get my energy from being around other people. As a matter of fact, I actively avoid most people, acquaintance or not. Anti-social hag, table for one?

I'm sorry. I know I'm not much help. I hope you find a way to connect to some great peeps and can develop those deep friendships you desire. I wish I had some helpful suggestions.

BTW, welcome to the group.

Comment

We're still early in the process with my husband being an MS4, but I talk a lot to my mom, who married my dad during his surgery residency, several of my good friends here who are also MS4 wive, and other close friends whom I've made through our church. I had a hard time developing close relationships previously - it wasn't until we moved here for med school and I made an effort to become really good friends with some of the women here that I felt like I had those connections. It's not always fun - sometimes you have to get a little brave and invite someone out one-on-one to do something and get to know each other better. I hope you can find someone! I'm still new here, but this group seems to be pretty good for talking and advice too.
      Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

You can talk to us!
        -Deb
        Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Originally posted by Deebs View Post
          You can talk to us!
          This. I think that's why a lot of us are here. We "get" it.
          -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
          Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
          Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

I'm lonely too, but I don't have a ton of friends or acquaintances here. All my friends seem to be strewn around the country, and the majority of them are on this website. I have seriously made some deep friendship connections on this site. Welcome, and I hope you stick around. You may be amazed to find someone who lives in your area on this site who could be a great friend for you!
            Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

The people on this site. Really. Up until this past year, I have only had 2 non-iMSN friends over the past 6 years.
              Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Originally posted by Michele View Post
                The people on this site. Really. Up until this past year, I have only had 2 non-iMSN friends over the past 6 years.
                You know, come to think of it, most of my friends live in the computer, too...

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                  You know, come to think of it, most of my friends live in the computer, too...
                  *all* of my friends are in the computer. A handful ALSO happen to be close by in meatspace, but they're all in the computer.
                  Sandy
                  Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

nt

Comment

I should also point out that those two friends were NOT people I talked to about the medical lifestyle. They were mom friends and we had play dates. That was the extent of our friendship. I didn't confide aspirations or goals or anything.
                      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Now see I have tons of those kind of friends, but no real ones...

Comment

When it comes to medicine, etc. I also talk to people here!!!!!
                          Luanne
                          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Lonelywife, have you had a chance to write a little intro for yourself? If I missed it, hello and welcome. We are looking forward to getting to know you.
                            Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

My mother in law.

Yeah, I know that's strange.

Comment

Working...
                              X