Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

12 yr old girl bday gift ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 yr old girl bday gift ideas

My niece is turning 12 next week. I need to get her a gift and have no clue. I've only met her once. She's really into art, gymnastics, boys and is pretty girly. Last year she had a pizza and pedicure bday party. Help!!
    Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Does she like American Girl stuff? Mine does. Michael's has American Girl craft kits on buy one get one free this week I think. My 11yo daughter has sewed pillows, made a crafty bulletin board, and other fun crafts. Also, if she does have American Girl dolls, you might give her a gift card so she can pick out what she wants.

Comment

Things that my 13 y/o lost her mind over in the last year:

- All things arts and crafts or arts and crafts adjacent
      - Home mani or pedi set
      - Gift certificate to Michael's or Hobby Lobby so she can pick out her own crap
      - iTunes gift card
      - Crochet pattern books and various funky yarns
      - (Prior to her Pinterest account) books on how to do arts and crafts
      - Science kits
      - Books (fantasy like Percy Jackson and Artemis Fowl)
      - Any accessory that goes with her hobbies (in DD2's case, running, robotics, science, engineering, violin, crocheting, and repurposing items)

And yes, we are raising our own little geek...

Comment

Mani-pedi set, craft supplies, some trendy accessories (you said she's girlie)
        Veronica
        Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Does she/do you have a Charming Charlie nearby?
          Jen
          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

My friend's daughter when nuts for the tie dye kit I got her when she turned 12.
            Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Claires gift card immediately comes to mind. I mean if you can't wear tacky accessories as an adolescent, what's the point?

I have been gifting teens and tweens earbuds. They use them for everything and always seem to be out of them. You can pick up a decent pair for about $20.
              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. Well, they live in small town nowheresville but there is a rinkydink mall so there might be a Claire's. I got her a tie dye shirt thing last year. She does like American Doll but I wouldn't know where to start with that. I think I can pull something together.
                Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

I think we got DH's little cousin a girly Bath & Bodyworks gift set and a Claire's butterfly necklace around that age.
                  Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

A Vera Bradley pencil case with cute Pens. A cute journal. Lip gloss and nail polish. Cute pajamas. If it's cold there, scarf and cute knit slouchy hat. Or one with knit flowers.

Comment

Hello kitty puffy slippers. Got that for my teen cousins for Christmas. They loved them.

Comment

Vera Bradley is pretty taste-specific. You might want to hold off on that one unless you KNOW she's a fan. My girls' heads would explode if someone gave them anything even remotely similar to VB. It is way not their style.

Comment

That said, Vera Bradley anything was the absolute RAGE here for 10-12 olds. At 13, they are over it.
                          Angie
                          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                            Vera Bradley is pretty taste-specific. You might want to hold off on that one unless you KNOW she's a fan. My girls' heads would explode if someone gave them anything even remotely similar to VB. It is way not their style.
                            Yup.
                            I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Working...
                            X