Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Jobs for surgeons with no call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nt

Comment

Has he considered going into a rural area? I know relocating isn't fun, but if he needs to feel needed and maybe work for non-profits, rural area hospitals would give their left nut for a good gen surg. And he understands farmers, so that's huge.

Comment

We are in a rural area!!! Our town has 11,000.

Comment

nt

Comment

Do you go out and help him with the farm crap or do you just not want him to hurt himself while he's doing it? If it's not a safety issue, I say let him burn off some stress.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
              No.
              This. My DH is in a sub-sub-surgical specialty, and takes a shit ton of call. And he's close in age to your DH. But, there just aren't any others of him in our state to share his call burden.
              Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Oh, hon -- 11,000 peeps is more than 5x our population. Hell, that's almost a city...

Good lord, my view of "rural" has become so skewed living in BFE.

Comment

nt

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                    Oh, hon -- 11,000 peeps is more than 5x our population. Hell, that's almost a city...

Good lord, my view of "rural" has become so skewed living in BFE.
                    Wow. I had no idea your area was That rural. What pop size does does he cover for the extended area? Online shopping must be your best friend!
                    Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                    "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Have you read "The 5 Love Languages"? Maybe you two have different languages? Also, where do you two fall on the introvert-extrovert continuum? That could be an issue there, too.

Comment

Have you read "The 5 Love Languages"? Maybe you two have different languages? Also, where do you two fall on the introvert-extrovert continuum? That could be an issue there, too.
                        This! Neonatologists don't work 9 to 5.
                        Needs

Comment

Originally posted by moonlight View Post
                          Wow. I had no idea your area was That rural. What pop size does does he cover for the extended area? Online shopping must be your best friend!
                          Our town is about 1,800 peeps, but the draw area is ~20,000. We're in the largest county in the state with the lowest population. My nearest Target is 2 hours away. Major city? 4 hours.

Yup, Amazon Prime is our friend.

Comment

You're a born therapist, W. I have 5 copies of that book in my clinic.
                            Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Is this a trick question? No way.
                              I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Originally posted by weeniegeniewife View Post
                                You're a born therapist, W. I have 5 copies of that book in my clinic.
                                I've actually considered going back to school to become a counselor, but I would fear for humanity. With my snarky mentality AND the ability to fuck with people's minds and emotions? Those are the the things super hero nemeses are made from...

Comment

Working...
                                X