Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Kick butt apps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kick butt apps

Overdrive. *swoon* I am giddy over you. I can check out books from the library and then wipe them from the memory. This app alone will pay for the iphone contract.

Lay some more awesome apps on me. I'm living in the dark ages over here and my teenager professes that "an iphone is wasted on me".
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Not sure if these apply to all but the ones I use most often are:

Facebook, Twitter, Tapatalk for social
    Chipotle for online order and fast pickup
    Flixster for movie times
    Local tv station weather app for weather checks
    Lose it (calorie tracking/exercise)
    NPR and This American Life apps both GREAT design and huge amounts of content
    Kindle, Nook and iBook apps for reading anything we've bought
    Audible app for audio books (my teens are audio book addicts at night)
    Wunderlist for lists, work
    Camera + for better photo options
    You Tube and Google Maps because you will need both eventually (and they aren't standard on iPhone always)
    Quizlet for my teen's studying/AP and SAT prep apps are also great for him/her on their phones when a test is upcoming
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Honestly, the one I use the most is Week Cal, which is just a better calendar view than the built-in one.

Some folks on here pointed me toward ZipList for groceries, and it's excellent. Plus Wunderlist for all the other lists I keep.

TripIt for organizing travel
      DirecTV if you have the service at home
      Redfin for spying on real estate
      Instacast for podcasts
      Pandora, of course
      Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Originally posted by houseelf View Post
        This app alone will pay for the iphone contract.
        Psst, you can do Overdrive with an iPod on wireless.

I refer to IMDB a lot while we're watching movies. Pandora is a must-have for housecleaning time.
        Alison

Comment

Overdrive does audio books from the library too.

Apps I use daily: Pandora. My games. Tapatalk. LoseIt. My banking apps. Match. Pinterest.
          Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Working...
          X