Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Who's playing an April Fool's prank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's playing an April Fool's prank?

I just really sort of want to lovingly harass my husband today. We do like to joke with each other and play pranks (we've also been known to play pranks on the dog--but nothing mean, just sort of confuse him or put socks on his paws) and today I really want to get him. I found a Buzzfeed list that made me laugh but I don't have time to glue googly eyes to everything....http://www.buzzfeed.com/alannaokun/a...-make-yourself

Are you pranking your husband or kids today? I may just have to go with the old reliable hair-tie-around-the-sink-sprayer joke just because it will reeeeally piss him of and that equals win in my book.
    Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

No pranks here, but I love the googly eyes!
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Hahaha I cracked up when I saw that. It would be kind of a lot of work and I don't have time to do it but I wish we had been home this weekend for me to have had time to do it last night and totally catch him off guard this morning as he made our coffee.
      Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

I would love to pull a good one on my DH but I'm not the creative type - anything I try always comes off as to untrue to be real.
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
          I would love to pull a good one on my DH but I'm not the creative type - anything I try always comes off as to untrue to be real.
          Yeah same here--as an after thought this morning I texted DH "I'm pregnant" (not a good thing for us currently and would be more of a "WTF" issue than a "YAY we're starting our family" issue) and he was like "nice try, April Fool's". I was too casual and random about it. Damn me!

sigpic

Comment

I just thought of what I'm going to do: mix M&M's, Skittles, and Reese's Pieces together and offer him a study-break snack.

sigpic

Comment

My mom tries to do something dumb every year. Like "oh, your shoes are untied" dumb. Thankfully, I live no where close and am visiting the ILs who may not even have "clicked" that it's April 1
              Jen
              Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I've hated April fools ever since I was a kid. I actually banned my students from playing pranks on each other within 5 minutes of them walking in the door this morning. I definitely should've texted DH that I was pregnant; that could've been potentially hilarious but now it's too late and I've already texted him a good night message. Booo

Comment

I definitely got DH to eat a mixture of Skittles, M&M's, and Reeses Pieces. I thought it was going to be disgusting and hilarious...but it backfired because he actually liked the combo. Maybe he was lying though...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lovelight View Post
                    I've hated April fools ever since I was a kid. I actually banned my students from playing pranks on each other within 5 minutes of them walking in the door this morning.
                    I hate it, too. Always have. Not sure why.

Comment

Me three. I do admit that I like the fake news stories that NPR airs, but that's about it.
                      I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

I will probably do one of those April Fools Day dinners on the kids at some point (either where you make the food look like dessert or vice versa).
                        Jen
                        Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I've never liked April Fools either. I take myself too seriously, I guess. I hate being made to look foolish.
                          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I'm not worried about looking foolish so much as I don't like other people feeling tricked. Maybe the April Fool's Day pranks I've witnessed we're all on the slightly mean-spirited side...

Comment

Yeah, I don't like the ones that make people feel bad. That's why I like the googly eye thing and the Google Nose page. Stuff like that that's just funny without making someone the butt of a joke.

I did fall for a Cracked article until I got to the last paragraph, but in my defense I read it today instead of yesterday, so I wasn't thinking!
                              Laurie
                              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Working...
                              X