Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Who Drives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neither of us loves driving and we used to split it fairly evenly. Now with two carseats, DH always drives because the passenger seat doesn't move back far enough for him to be comfortable. Works for me

Comment

DH usually drives, but I will if he's had a drink or needs to work while we go somewhere. Otherwise it's pretty automatic for him to drive. I don't really know why. I am a good navigator, but also a relentless back seat driver.
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

If we are all together in my car we probably split it 50/50. DH doesn't really like to drive my car, its a pretty large SUV - he prefers his small sporty car so if its just the two of us we always take his, and he always drives.
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I don't like to drive. DH usually drives because he is a control freak and back seat drives when someone else is behind the wheel. But he isn't a good driver sometimes I drive so I don't get car sick.
          Needs

Comment

DH usually drives because my driving makes him insane. I drive too slow and apparently safely for his preferences. Although, I'll probably drive more on long trips since I'm the only one who doesn't get speeding tickets for at least 15 mph over the speed limit.

My sense of direction is far better than his. I grew up navigating on ships and boats, so it's kind of ingrained in my head.

Comment

I loathe driving. Thankfully, I have bad enough road rage that anybody who knows me knows not to let me drive.
              I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

I drive because I have more experience and I feel safe. When dh was learning to drive here he'd often want to drive and force me to give him a driving lesson. Now he has his motorbike and doesn't want to drive the car as often.
                PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

DH is the definition of a control freak. Can't handle it when anyone else drives, unless he's extremely ill... When he's a passenger he actually pushes a factious break pedal. Freak show. Thankfully, I don't mind him driving miss daisy!
                  sigpic
                  buckeye born, raised, and educated... thankfully, so is my wonderful med student husband...

Comment

It depends. He usually drives, but I don't mind doing it. But if I haven't finished my make-up he has to drive. Yes, I can apply mascara while my husband drives 75 to get us to church on Sunday morning.
                    Veronica
                    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Working...
                    X