Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Houston Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ST - you may not be able to get a house close to the med center but there are some really nice townhouses/condos. We lived in a townhouse and loved the fact that the landscaping was done for us. We only had a postage sized yard to keep up. We also looked at a house in Southgate (next to Rice Village) that was affordable BUT we did not want to deal with the yard maintenance. UT-Houston also had some newly built & renovated housing...the rec center was awesome and cheap. Some friends lived there and I thought their place was nice, safe and convenient (UT-H bus would pick you up and drop you off in front of med school).
    Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

We're just outside the loop, in Westbury (south of Meyerland) in about 1600sqft with a really nice-sized yard. Housing is pretty reasonable, and most parts of Meyerland are zoned to Bellaire schools. Pearland isn't a terrible commute, and you can get a whole lot more for your money there. We have a ton of friends in the Heights too, but I'm not a fan of the 3-story places with zero yard or parking.
      Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Thanks guys! I did a quick realtor search on some of the areas you mentioned near the med center...not gonna happen on our budget. There were a whopping 3 to choose from! I could do townhome, but not a condo.

Pearland looks better. Hell of a drive to the in-laws, but if we moved downtown, I'm 95% sure that would be the tipping point for my inlaws to move downtown. They've been discussing it for years.

But I'll wait until I know where we will actually be next year!

End Hijack
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

My sister just moved out of Meyerland, I think they sold their house for $380.

Thanks for all of the suggestions.
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by alotofyarn View Post
            We're just outside the loop, in Westbury (south of Meyerland) in about 1600sqft with a really nice-sized yard. Housing is pretty reasonable, and most parts of Meyerland are zoned to Bellaire schools. Pearland isn't a terrible commute, and you can get a whole lot more for your money there. We have a ton of friends in the Heights too, but I'm not a fan of the 3-story places with zero yard or parking.
            You don't live on a house on Atwell, do you? Just randomly asking...my grandparents owned a house on Atwell in Westbury for 50+ years. It's where my dad grew up. I lived there with them my senior year of high school. (I did not go to Westbury High--it had become pretty bad news by then--I graduated from Episcopal High on Bissonette.

Bellaire High was a good school when I was living in Houston.

Comment

Not on Atwell, but super, super close.
              Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Working...
              X