Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

"One point, One demand: Atheists must be hanged"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "One point, One demand: Atheists must be hanged"

That is what they are chanting in Bangladesh, where they want to make blasphemy laws a capital offense. Mandatory teaching of Religion in the schools and separation of men and women. Is this scaring anyone else besides me?

Wow. Yes. That's terrifying.
    Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Guess I'm not traveling to Bangladesh any time soon.

J.

Comment

Found the 13 points. Most are ludicrous. here are a few:
        1. Pass a law in Parliament to ensure maximum punishment for those who insult Islam, Prophet Muhammad and Muslims. 2. Ensure punishment of and stopping misinformation by ‘atheist’ bloggers and ‘anti-Islamists’ who are leading the ‘so-called Shahbagh movement’ and who have insulted Islam and Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)'. 4. Prohibit all imprudence, misconduct, adultery, unrestrained public mixing of men and women, lighting of candles in the name of individual rights and freedom of speech. 5. Remove all anti-Islam women’s Acts, the godless education system and mandatory Islamic religious studies, starting at the primary school. 6.

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post
          Guess I'm not traveling to Bangladesh any time soon.

J.
          Me neither!
          Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

The current Islamist movement in Bangladesh is a backlash against an even larger and more powerful secularist movement. The country is currently led by a relatively left-leaning and largely secular party.

Scary, yes. Representative of the country as a whole, no. So to say "they" want to make blasphemy laws a capital offense, etc. is a bit misleading.
            Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Originally posted by weeniegeniewife View Post
              Me neither!
              Add me on the no fly list.
              Brandi
              Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Not surprised, sounds like Saudi Arabia and possibly the future Syria. Did you know you know in some countries you can be put in jail for eating at the wrong time during Ramadan?

Comment

If it goes that way ,in Syria, it would be just one oppressive regime for another...just a different group doing the oppressing. Once again this is a case of extremist who cherry pick to justify their personal agendas.

They ignore teachings like these:
                  "The Prophet,(peace and blessings of Almighty God upon him),once mentioned to a group of his companions, “You will not truly believe until you are merciful.” Upon hearing this they replied, “All of us are merciful O Messenger of God!” He responded, “It is not the mercy one of you shows to his companion. Rather, it is mercy to the generality of people.”

Such a shame

Comment

Comment

Mono, I do agree but although oppressive and corrupt, religious freedom existed in Syria before the uprising, which is what this post is about.

Comment

Working...
                      X