Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Father's day gift ideas???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father's day gift ideas???

Hi,
    I have a two year old and am 34 weeks along with number two. I am looking for meaningful and awesome gift ideas for my husband who is about to start his clerkship in June. Any thoughts?

Welp, I don't know about meaningful but I can certainly do practical. Lately all the ideas that have been running through my head for father's day is about organization or necessities. Like dh needs a tie rack instead of hanging his ties on a wire hanger, so maybe my Dad needs one too? KWIM? Dh needs new socks and under garments and so I like to update those. I know it makes him feel better to be taken care of.

I went to my Dad's in Feb and had a look around his place. He's divorced and lives alone now that his kids are all grown. I was thinking of getting him a gift card for a cleaning service to come give his house a once over because it could really use it. We talked about how we both hate to clean but we love a clean house. He only has 65% use of his heart so doing things now days is more difficult on him. He could use some help with the house and the land as he lives on several acres.

In your case with a little one already and another baby on the way and your hubby busy, maybe getting a cleaning service, if you don't have it already, to come help around the house a few times would be meaningful and helpful for you both?
    PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by Cinderella View Post

In your case with a little one already and another baby on the way and your hubby busy, maybe getting a cleaning service, if you don't have it already, to come help around the house a few times would be meaningful and helpful for you both?

This would definitely be more helpful to me. My dh is at the hospital all the time and he wouldn't notice if the dust was two inches thick. This reminds me that I need to hit up pinterest to figure out father's day. In the past, framed pictures of the kids have been appreciated and things that I help them make. Ours are little too and the gifts are supposed to be from them so I get them into the game too.
      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Shutterfly has all kinds of gifts you can get with pictures. Perhaps a travel mug with a picture of you and your 2 year old. One of my residents had a loud tie with pictures of his two kids. Yes, it was loud and yes, everyone noticed it too - which I noticed made him smile each time.
        Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Last year I took pictures of DS holding a large letter 'D' and 'A' from the craft store and then in a three picture frame spelled DAD. DH liked it and I think I might try to update it every year. I found the idea on Pinterest, they usually have some good ones.
          Wife of Anesthesiology Resident

Comment

Originally posted by civilspouse View Post
            Last year I took pictures of DS holding a large letter 'D' and 'A' from the craft store and then in a three picture frame spelled DAD. DH liked it and I think I might try to update it every year. I found the idea on Pinterest, they usually have some good ones.
            I did this too. I saved the letters and we will do it every year.
            Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
            Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Working...
            X