Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I know it's a mistake, but yet, I still...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know it's a mistake, but yet, I still...

Wear my hair in the same ponytail position for 2-3 days and then have the worst scalp pain

Check my email "really quickly" when I get up in the middle of the night

Put off doing the laundry until I have about 10 loads to do
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Let DS talk me into "one more" cartoon in the morning. He can handle two, but three makes him a grouch for the rest of the morning. But there are days when I really need to get more stuff done, and I cave...
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Put a basket of clean clothes on my dresser to "put away later".

Sweep a pile of dirt in to a remote corner and leave it there with the broom to "sweep up later".

Have high calorie meals before dinner with the plan to just eat a salad and nothing more that evening.
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Say I'll go running in the afternoon instead of the morning.

Allow DH to come in to say goodnight to DD when he gets home 5 minutes before bedtime...45 minutes later, she's not even close to sleep.
        Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
        Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Eat junkfood when I darn well know I will physically feel bad (especially when I have been eating healthy) AND feel rotten later if I gain weight.
          Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Eat beef and pork knowing they make me nauseous.

Let mail pile up instead of going through it all and tossing what we don't need to keep.

Bribe my 6 year old with dum dum suckers.
            Veronica
            Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I don't want to do Anything out of my home today. I told DH to take the car to work today so I have no ability to go anywhere today. I'm so sick of being on the go.
              Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
              "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Leave folded clothes on my dresser for weeks.

Talk myself out of exercising in the mornings.

Start surfing iMSN, facebook, Ravelry, or Pinterest right before bed.

Knit just one more row, or cast on just one more quick project.
                Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

go to bed after midnight

let N sleep in

Shop at Trader Joe's without a strict list. $80 later.
                  Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Over eat with the intention of working out after the kids go to bed. Ahahahahaha! Then I wonder why my pants don't fit so well.
                    Kris

Comment

Nouveau riche dawkter's wife problem: Buy two things with the idea that I'll send back the one I like less. I've now done this three times. I don't like going to the post office.....
                      Angie
                      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Let myself cheat on my diet knowing it will a) make me feel like crap physically, b) make it harder to stick to my guns in the long run, c) drag out the weight loss process, and d) make me temporarily hate myself for lack of willpower.

Comment

Leave folded clothes in the laundry basket "until tomorrow". Then just grabbing things out of it for the next week. Same thing with the clothes that require hanging. I'll drape them over the couch and they'll stay there for days (DH's biggest gripe).

Using my credit card

Probably about 30% of my food choices (either timing, too much, too little, too shitty but delicious, or not eating all together)

Hitting snooze literally a dozen times before getting out of bed. The idea that I'd just be more rested if I set my alarm to 7:15a instead of 6:00a and hitting snooze every 9 minutes is just something I can't be convinced of.
                          Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Not hanging up my business clothes when I get home from a trip.
                            Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                            Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade View Post
                              Nouveau riche dawkter's wife problem: Buy two things with the idea that I'll send back the one I like less. I've now done this three times. I don't like going to the post office.....
                              But you don't HAVE to go to the post office. Your mailman will pick up the packages. And shipping costs less when you do it online through USPS.com
                              Kris

Comment

Working...
                              X