Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Vindication!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vindication!!

I am ALWAYS telling dh that he spends too much time on his laptop doing research or studying when he's supposedly "spending time with the kids." Now it's the season of school-made Father's Day cards and both dd4 and ds9 said: "my dad likes his laptop". Lol. From the mouth of babes...
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

That's what it takes for the men to realize sometimes! DD's response to "where's Daddy" is either "working" or "resting" depending on her mood. It makes DH sad to hear that from her, but then he goes and plays with her
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Awesome!
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Perfect!!
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

That breaks my heart just a little bit. Hopefully he will try to make some changes because of it.
          Kris

Comment

Awww.....that is sad. My DH had been gone to a training course for 5 days then he came home and immediately was on call (his last week as a fellow!! YAY!!) so he has seen the children only about 2 hours since last Tuesday. Last night he got home a tad after supper and he was actually surfing the internet while I played outside with the kids. The kids said "Mom, I want to go for a bike ride." I said "Go ask Dad if he will take you." DH was not paying attention to the request and my son began to cry!! That got DH attention!! He took them despite having the pager on his hip.
            Domestic engineer and CEO of Camp Crazy. Wife to an interventional radiologist, Mother to a 5 year old super hero and a 3 year old CEO in training.

Comment

I love this! Whenever dd draws pictures of her dad, it's with his iPhone in his hand!
              married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Lol. Tbh if my kids drew me it would be with an iPhone in my hands.

But the Mother's Day comments I got were the typical "I love my mom because...

- she feeds us
                - she drives us places
                - she packs my lunch
                - she knows everything
                - she plans things

Stuff like that. Dh has precious few hours with the kids--- and there is always a deadline for a paper, or an exam, or a presentation. That's the constant in this life. If he feels overwhelmed I have no sympathy bc he is the one who chose to have something like 8 papers and studies going on at the same time. He gets less sleep now as a quasi attending than he did as an intern which is just bassackwards but whatever!!!
                Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Awe, the things they say are cute! I do hope things get better for his busy schedule and you have more family time.
                  PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

Working...
                  X