Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Moving/Lift Straps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving/Lift Straps

Anyone ever use those moving straps? Like these: http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/...A&gclsrc=aw.ds

We just had a new TV cabinet delivered and I didn't have them place it in its permanent spot because we hadn't moved the old cabinet and DH said it was fine - I don't think he realized how heavy the new one would be, its over 300 pounds and I don't know how he and I are going to move it into place...

Anyone?
    Last edited by SuzySunshine; 06-21-2013, 10:08 AM.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

DH used them to move huge stone patio blocks. Not sure how they'd work for a slender item like a TV, though.
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

No its a TV Cabinet - weighs like 300 pounds!

Comment

Can't read I think they would be good!
        Jen
        Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Yes, we have them and used them to move a big rear-projection TV and a couple other bigger pieces of furniture. They help a LOT. You and he may well be able to move it with the straps; if the two of you can't, two big guys ought to be able to with no problem.
          Sandy
          Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Great, thanks Sandy - I think I'll have DH pick some up tomorrow rather then damage the brand new cabinet or the floors!

Comment

We have them and can move any piece of furniture in our house. The biggest challenge you may have is your height difference, but DH and I are usually able to work it out by using different height slots on the straps.
              -Deb
              Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Anyone know how the straps compare to the furniture slider disc things? I saw them the other day at home depot and thought I would pick some up for moving furniture around post move. Are the straps better?

Comment

I have both. When you have a partner, the straps are definitely better. BUT, the discs are awesome for so rearranging.
                  -Deb
                  Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Thanks! I'll order both

Comment

Well we tried, DH says it definitely makes it easier but I still can't even budge it, it's just to heavy or I'm doing something wrong so he's going to ask our friend to come over tomorrow and help him.

Comment

I was useless with them, too. I think if you were able to lift it without them, they might help make it easier, but I don't think they'd make the difference between lifting and not.
                        Laurie
                        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Working...
                        X