Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Car shopping recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You might find something with lower miles on a Taurus. They don't hold their value well, but that's exactly what you want when you are going used. My family has had multiple with 140k+ miles
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I found an 07 Toyota Matrix, fairly loaded, with 100K for 8 grand. All of the reviews I am seeing say there is road noise (CANNOT be worse than my little Kia), but otherwise, several of the reviews say 200K is pretty reasonable for this car.
      Kris

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
        I found an 07 Toyota Matrix, fairly loaded, with 100K for 8 grand. All of the reviews I am seeing say there is road noise (CANNOT be worse than my little Kia), but otherwise, several of the reviews say 200K is pretty reasonable for this car.
        Sounds awesome!
        Tara
        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I like the idea of something with some cargo room. Not sure I want an SUV/Crossover because of the biweekly 8 hour trek to take the kids to see their dad, but a station wagon? Sounds about perfect to me.
          Kris

Comment

We love our Toyotas. (Rav4 and Tacoma, both bought used.)

Comment

Sounds good, just remember even personal sales are negotiable! Good luck!!
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

It is at a small town used car dealer, so price is still negotiable, particularly since there will be no financing.
                Kris

Comment

I thought someone in here had a matrix?

I think it sounds great. Jump on it if you can bc solid used cars (like Toyota) are hard to find.

And road noise for a mom driving kids around is laughable. Ummm good luck hearing ANYTHING outside over the bickering etc etc.
                  Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

We had an 06 matrix! Sold it to my brother two years ago with 25k miles. . It was great! And yes, it was noisy, but really not significantly more loud than any other car we've had. It was super reliable, too. Loved that car!
                    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

So, I test drove the Matrix tonight and liked it. It still seemed plenty peppy for the mileage. But, I asked for the carfax report and there was a report of an accident. There was a crack along the rear bumper like they had backed into something or that someone it them.

Does anyone know if there is a way to find out more details on a accident that occurred in California if I have the VIN and the date of the accident?
                      Kris

Comment

If you send me the VIN number I'll see what I can do. My SIL's father has several dealerships, one of them Toyota.
                        Luanne
                        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Meenah View Post
                          If you send me the VIN number I'll see what I can do. My SIL's father has several dealerships, one of them Toyota.
                          I just sent you a PM
                          Kris

Comment

The CRV has a salvage title, so I don't think I want to deal with that.

But, on a whim, I decided to check out another dealership in town and they have an 2008 Hyundai Tuscon with only 77K miles on it for just under $9000. I need to check out KBB and the like, but I thought it seems reasonable and it drives nicely.
                            Kris

Comment

I loved my Hyundai Santa Fe, they've replaced it with the Tucson and made the Santa Fe a 3 row-er. I never had an issues with it and they used to have a 100k warranty.
                              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Working...
                              X