Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Is it just me.....(?)..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me.....(?)..

...or when Christmas day has passed, do any others tear all the decorations, tree, clothes, candles, and anything else Christmas related down and put it away as quick as possible??

After nearly two months of Christmas songs on the radio in the car, the commercials, the FREAKING crowds at nearly any store...I was very ready for it to be done....then there was the family (a whole seperate post!)....we are usually quick to remove the decorations but this year we wasted no time....the tree is ready for the lake drop today.

a late "bah-humbug"

It's not just you. I can't wait to get the sucker out of my living room. I too get fairly annoyed with all the music, crowds, etc.... But more, I just want the decorations to stop cluttering my living room and to go back to having a tidy room that I can relax in. The outside lights look fabulous so those won't come down for another week or so, but the tree is gone. Bah humbug i guess.

Comment

Agreed! Our tree was out the door on Saturday! All decorations down. Part of the rush is that if the baby comes at all early....the tree would be up for months!

Comment

Shall I confess that I put up zero Christmas decorations this year? Not one. (Unless you count the arrangement of holiday greeting cards we received.) Normally I do something even though we leave town for the holiday, but this year . . . nada. At first I had twinges of guilt about it, but it's left me feeling surprisingly zen.

I say if the tree is no longer giving you pleasure, out it goes!
        Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
        Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
        Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I love this time of year. But this year was just different. We decorated the tree....with about 1/100th of the normal decorations. Drew and I put them on....lights, then about 5 decorations at an adult height, then about 10 all on the same branch at 3yo level!

I have since rearranged the living room furniture with the tree out of the house though...I must say it looks nice!

Comment

This year, I took all of the Christmas decorations down the day after Christmas. I'm not sure why, usually I leave them up until Three Kings Day, but this year I wanted all traces of Christmas out of my house right away! I just wanted the house back to normal and felt so at peace after everything was put away!
            Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

About 1 week after Thanksgiving, I found my box of stuff for Christmas. We had to buy an artificial tree (allergies) and so we waited on that b/c DH was too busy with school and I was too busy being pregnant and lazy... So we got the tree (4 ft tall!) about 10 days before Christmas and I put out a wooden and totally unbreakable nativity scene, and that was it for our decorations! They are still up, but it should take about 45 seconds to put them away... I like decorations, but This year it just didn't work out! I really admire people who get their's down early, though, since mine usually stay up until February...
              Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I agree. For as great as Christmas trees can be, they sure take up a chunk of space, especially in a small apartment like ours! We went away for the holidays and the tree came down the same day we came home. We also rearranged the furniture, and now we don't trip over baby toys (talk about taking up space :!: ) when walking from room to room. The holidays are a great time of year, but when the songs and decorations and shopping lines start well before Thanksgiving I'm ready for them to end by the time Christmas finally rolls around.

Comment

We celebrated Christmas on the 20th and tore it down on the 21st before we left for Ohio. Our tiny living room was overtaken by the giant sequoia and I just couldn't stand one more second.

Bah humbug.

Kelly
                  In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Well- once again, we did nothing. Last year I resorted to sending us a "tree" flower arrangement but this year- not even a holiday influenced candle.

We helped decorate my friends tree and my parent's tree so I think I was properly festive. My parent's don't decorate until the 21st (their anniversary) and it stays up until my mother's birthday (January 4th) so I think that's the perfect amount of time. I like putting it all up a little later so that we don't get burned out on it!

Maybe next year...

Jenn

Comment

Happy late birthday to your Mom, Jenn! (That is my B-day too! I turned 31...funny, I feel like I am about 61.)

Comment

It was my sister's birthday, too.....she turned 30. And acts 21. I think it is the kids that age us, Matt. Inside my head, I am about 19......then I look in the mirror!

Sally
                        Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I couldn't get the tree and menorrah out fast enough!!!!!!!
                          Luanne
                          Luanne
                          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                          X