Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Sitting on a board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sitting on a board

I have sat on the boards of various things. But I got asked to interview for sitting on the board of a national company. Ummm. So I basically have no idea what the expectation is.
    They want to fly in and take me out to dinner, with fellow board members?
    What do u wear to that?
    What am I suppose to talk about?
    I am not sure who is interviewing who here, they asked me?

Any suggestions?
    Brandi
    Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Well it usually means some serious compensation in the form of stock options. Medical company?
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Energy company
      Brandi
      Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

No clue, but awesome! Congratulations!
        Laurie
        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
          No clue, but awesome! Congratulations!
          Second this. Congrats!

Comment

I haven't ever been to a meal with board members, but the boards I've worked with have dressed BUSINESS business for meetings. Nothin casual about it. Suits all around. The only questions I can think of for you to ask are about responsibilities - term, number of meetings, any subcommittees, typical time commitment, etc.
            Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Originally posted by MsSassyBaskets View Post
              I haven't ever been to a meal with board members, but the boards I've worked with have dressed BUSINESS business for meetings. Nothin casual about it. Suits all around. The only questions I can think of for you to ask are about responsibilities - term, number of meetings, any subcommittees, typical time commitment, etc.
              Yes to all of this. Err on the side of traditional rather than trendy. Do you know where you are having dinner?
              Jen
              Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Originally posted by MsSassyBaskets View Post
                I've worked with have dressed BUSINESS business for meetings. Nothin casual about it. Suits all around. The only questions I can think of for you to ask are about responsibilities - term, number of meetings, any subcommittees, typical time commitment, etc.
                ITA. I've never done dinner - they are always lunches and we are all dressed in suits...probably because we are coming from/going back to work.
                Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Today is the day! 2pm Eeek!
                  Brandi

Comment

Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

What did you decide to wear?
                      Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

I bought this. And I got t. The stock options are fantastic!!
                        Brandi

Comment

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3549672
                          Brandi

Comment

:multistars;

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post

Comment

Working...
                              X