Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Emeril Live!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emeril Live!!!!

Yahoo!!!!!!! I FINALLY won Emeril tickets - what's it been, four years???

Problem: It's on February 9. I'll have a 2-3 week old baby at that point. I can't take him to the show, but can I really leave him for the day? My mom wants to stay with him while we're there, but I'm not sure I feel comfortable leaving him.

Waaahhhhhhh!!! The guy from the show said that he'll send me the tickets anyway and I can decide later. Why why why couldn't I win at some other time?? ANY other time???

How cool. I went to Emeril Live a few years ago, and I have to say it wasn't as great as it appears. The one hour show took approx 3 1/2 hours to tape, and unless you are in the front seats at tables (usually VIPs or his friends) you get nothing to eat. There is a lot of sit and wait time. In between breaks the band did not play, only a few minutes before taping would begin. I don't mean to sound like a downer, but don't fret if you have to wait til later.
    Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

What is Emeril?

kris
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Foddtv network cooking show!!! He has several restuarants too.
        Luanne
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I would go- if you are breastfeeding pump and do it. You can always plan to go and change your mind later right? I have had friends who have gone back to work after 3 weeks ( yikes!) so a few hours out hopefully should be manageable.
          Mom to three wild women.

Comment

I'd go, too. Especially since you have waited so long to get the tickets. Take your cell phone to ease your mind and pump if you need to (maybe you could get one of those manual pumps and go do it in the bathroom if you needed to). Sounds like grandma is itching to have some time with her new grandbaby, so I'm sure the baby will be in good hands.
            Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Sue, we don't evem have a cell phone. Everyone and their twin brother has one but us.

We decided not to go for several reasons. The main one being that when Luanne went, she didn't get fed!!! According to the show guy, we need to be there by 10.30 and the show doesn't start til 1. If it takes several hours on top of that, there's no way we can do it as we also would have to drive 3 hours each way to get there. I don't think I want to be away from my baby for that long. (Though I may change my mind by that date!!! )

Kris, Kris, Kris. I can't believe you don't know who Emeril is!!

Comment

Working...
              X