Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

ios 7 Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ios 7 Help?

Hi guys, anyone update your Apple stuff yet? If so, is there a way to delete individual texts without deleting the whole stream? I can't seem to figure out how to do that and I miss the old version since it was so easy to edit text messages

Why have I not been offered to update? This is so weird that it hasn't asked me to update. Do I need to do something special?
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

T&S I haven't had one either. My dd did for her iPhone 4. I have the 4s and nothing....

Maybe it's bc I haven't fired up my MacBook?
      Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Not sure...my update notice just popped up randomly last night and it took a long time...I'll trade you and gladly go back though!

Comment

You can do it through your phone - not having to use your computer - if you go to Settings --> General --> Software Update --> that page should show you that iOS 7 is available and a "download now" option.

I'm liking it so far, it's nice to see something different. Last night my phone synced and I realized I had a ton of random music from DH's iTunes library in my library and I tried to delete the songs I didn't want, but when the music sycned, they all popped up again! I have no idea what's going on but I didn't have a chance to figure it out last night.

CG, I will try to figure out the text thing, I haven't tried it yet.
          Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

We've been advised not to update at work cuz it's still pretty glitchy.
            I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

You know how you delete apps by pressing it until it becomes squiggly and then the "x" appears in the corner? Press any text for a few seconds and a little bubble will pop up that says "copy/more". Click on more and it will then allow you to select and delete individual texts.

Comment

I haven't had any glitches, but it's only been about 10 hours.

CG, to delete individual texts, go into the text stream you want, tap and hold the next you want to delete and a little menu will pop up: 'copy; more...; speak'...tap 'more' and the little deletion dots will appear to the left of the messages (like when you chose 'edit' in the previous OS) and you can check which ones you want to trash, or at the top, choose 'delete all'.
                Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys! There must be something wrong with me because I really don't like change. Big life changes I can handle but little things like this throw me for a loop.

Comment

Ok, so I figured it out. I don't have enough storage. You need to have 2.6 mgs free which is a LOT on an 8 MG iPhone. Even if I deleted every picture (which I won't do), I still have to delete like all my apps. Stupid tiny iPhone 4. Is there a workaround for this? I really don't want to delete like 20 apps only to re-download them.
                    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

You should have to delete too much..it is 8GB not MB. Or did you mean the update takes 2 GB?

I'm waiting awhile. I have a 4 and will til it breaks or the match and I'm thinking it isn't in my best interest.

This also means the slow death of our 1g iPad.
                      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Sorry, clearly not that good with technology. The updates take 2.6 GB which is a LOT on an 8 GB phone.

Comment

Sigh I don't have nearly that amount of memory. Next iPhone I get will be a 32gb. This is just ridic.
                          Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

sorry, clearly not that good with technology. The updates take 2.6 gb which is a lot on an 8 gb phone.
                            holy shit. Nope.
                            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Yeah, it's really annoying that it's so small in terms of memory and then the updates are huge.

Comment

Working...
                              X