Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What a Rollercoaster!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrBandMe View Post
    Have you checked craigslist? I hear you can find anything you want on there; though, something tells me most of the people using that are part of the 4H club. That's probably too broad an assumption. I guess I lost my crazy, throw caution to the wind-ness sometime after I turned 25.

But a huge project could be good in the long-run, yes? Maybe it will help gain you exposure to upper levels of management or something that could lead to a promotion or a merit increase?
    I am the practice manager for a clinic that has one doc and a newly minted PA. I have all the exposure to management that I need.
    Kris

Comment

Originally posted by L.Jane View Post
      We matched today. We will be moving across the entire country this June. Yup. From one coast to the other.
      CONGRATULATIONS!!! Are you excited?! Is DH happy with the result?!
      wife of a PGY-2 anesthesiology resident & mother of one adorable baby girl

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Are you excited?! Is DH happy with the result?!
        Thanks... now that the shock has worn off a bit, I am starting to get excited. DH and I haven't had a chance to talk yet. I know he was initially disappointed he didn't match in his top 3, but I don't know how he was feeling once the shock work off for him. He was on call last night and must have gotten slammed because he never had a chance to call me. He is going to come home exhausted and we probably wont get a real conversation until tomorrow.. If not it could be a while because he is back on call Monday. wheeeeee.
        -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
        Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
        Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
          I am the practice manager for a clinic that has one doc and a newly minted PA. I have all the exposure to management that I need.
          Well hell. My silver lining wasn't very silver after all.

I hope you have a few minutes of peace again soon.

Comment

Thanks... now that the shock has worn off a bit, I am starting to get excited. DH and I haven't had a chance to talk yet. I know he was initially disappointed he didn't match in his top 3, but I don't know how he was feeling once the shock work off for him. He was on call last night and must have gotten slammed because he never had a chance to call me. He is going to come home exhausted and we probably wont get a real conversation until tomorrow.. If not it could be a while because he is back on call Monday. wheeeeee.
            Yep -- sounds like you're living the dream. haha.

I'm glad the shock is wearing off - I hope you both find excitement as June approaches!

Congrats on matching again!

Comment

Well hell. My silver lining wasn't very silver after all.

I hope you have a few minutes of peace again soon.
              Lol. No worries. Some of us (ahem, me) have been around so long and we forget that not everyone know our back stories. Stick around and you too could easily become overly invested in your cyber friends.
              Kris

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
                Stick around and you too could easily become overly invested in your cyber friends.
                That's the plan!

Comment

That's the plan!
                  We're going to get along just fiiiine.
                  Kris

Comment

Congratulations L.Jane!!!!
                    Luanne
                    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

This month has been NUTS. Tomorrow is the first day all month I actually have NO obligations (ok outside of the house, I have to clean it).

I tried to get my saftey inspection on the car done. It failed. Miserably. So I dropped my car off today to have it looked at... its probably going to be a couple grand.

We matched today. We will be moving across the entire country this June. Yup. From one coast to the other.
                      Ohemgeeeeee!!! Congrats!!!
                      sigpic
                      buckeye born, raised, and educated... thankfully, so is my wonderful med student husband...

Comment

Working...
                      X