Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Rainbow Loom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rainbow Loom

I have no financial connections to Rainbow Loom, but need to provide a PSA about it here. If you have elementary school aged children (and maybe older) and they don't have one, you may be committing child abuse. Overnight, these have become such the craze here. DD got one after her tonsillectomy last week, and we are totally hooked in this house. If they're not big in your area yet, also get one for every birthday party your child will attend this year. Boys apparently love them, too.
    -Deb
    Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Originally posted by Deebs View Post
    I have no financial connections to Rainbow Loom, but need to provide a PSA about it here. If you have elementary school aged children (and maybe older) and they don't have one, you may be committing child abuse. Overnight, these have become such the craze here. DD got one after her tonsillectomy last week, and we are totally hooked in this house. If they're not big in your area yet, also get one for every birthday party your child will attend this year. Boys apparently love them, too.
    OMG. I had never heard of it until a couple weeks ago. DD begged me to get one and started bring home all those rubber band bracelets. Whoever invented that will be having a nice Christmas this year.

Comment

One of A's friends was just talking about this the other day and I had never heard of it. Guess I better get one for A for her birthday!
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

We ordered one of amazon at the end of the summer. They were all sold out here at every store. All. The. Rage.
        -Ladybug

Comment

How are they different from other kits?
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Huge here. We have done them for hours.
            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

My kids aren't even in the age group for those but I've been seeing lots of friends posting about it on FB.
              Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

They were around here last year and my kids had them. They kind of died out and came back with a vengeance. I think we have 4 of them now.
                Needs

Comment

Ok my daughter came home today talking about these - about how much she wants one and how she's in a bracelet club, and has to have one, blah blah blah - luckily she's been getting an allowance and I told her she could save and use that money, I think she'll have enough money in the next week or so. We'll see if she remembers that she wants one.
                  Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Our household got into those ribbon barrettes from the eighties last year. That one took me back to my childhood. I'm surprised that this hasn't hit bigger. Retro is where it is at.

The only thing I would advise is to leave the end beads off the dangling ribbons. They get tangled and create dreads. LOL. Other than that, bring on the cheesy hair pretties!
                    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Lol. I've seen it on tv but we are immune here in small town USA!
                      Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Fortunately it looks like the purchase price is higher than my birthday party budget (I try to keep it under $15/friend). Maybe for DS's best friend I could splurge, but I'm not sure her mom will be thrilled with the need to buy refills!
                        Alison

Comment

Zulily has Loom products today: http://www.zulily.com/invite/amccoy4...a447&eid=52913
                          Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Working...
                          X