Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Snood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snood

Do any of you play this game? It is a computer game that you can download from http://www.snood.com. My son got me hooked on it and I even paid (!) the $14.95 when the demo ran out. My husband is even hooked on it, which is very out-of-character for him.

I just wondered if there were any closeted Snood addicts here on the board.....if you decide to check it out, I will warn you that it is incredibly addictive. It has been kind of a bonding thing for my husband and son, though, so it can't be that bad, right?

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

That is funny, Sally. I've never heard of snood....but since you provided a link I'm going to have to check it out.....

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I just downloaded it. Snood is similar to Dynomite. And Dynomite is free online You can play it from ww.popcap.com or zone.msn.com

I was addicted to Dynomite for about 6 months....it was ridiculous...now I'm going to be addicted to Snood!
      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I'm trying like heck not to go to that site, but you've got me so curious! I have a tendency to get hooked on computer games--for awhile it was Spider Solitaire and then Mah Jong. I can't play either game even once without getting hooked for days!
        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

It might be dangerous for you, Sue, because I was also addicted to Spider Solitaire.....which was also due to my son finding it and showing it to me. So maybe you shouldn't go to the site (but you KNOW you want to......)

Sally

Comment

ha,ha....I have the limited version that you can get for free that only lets you play to level 15 on the computer now!! I have played it many times.. DW got hooked on playing it at the hospital and brought the addicition home! Call me to cheap to buy it though....I'll stick to playing free games like domino's at Yahoo against someone who can't hear me yelling at them when I lose! (hee, hee!!)

Comment

Sally, I just want you to know that I'd never heard of this and because of you, I'm an addict and have already registered. Whenever my husband sees me play this he asks "if I'm that bored" but I tell him that there is quite a bit of strategy involved unbeknownst to the untrained eye.

By the way, I conquered the "Evil" level!!!

Comment

You rock, Thu Van, if you have conquered "evil"! I am something of a celebrity in my son's class because according to the kids, I am the only mom who plays Snood. I don't know whether to be proud or embarrassed. Sorry if I led you astray!

Sally

Comment

Originally posted by mommax3
                  Sorry if I led you astray!
                  Unfortunately, you've also addicted me, my spouse, and her entire residency program.
                  I hope you're proud of yourself.
                  Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                  Let's go Mets!

Comment

Fluffhead!

I had been wondering where you had been hiding! I should have known!

And here I was thinking that y'all had a lot more willpower than I.......

Sally

Comment

Sally, you should write the Snood people and get some kind of commission check for all the people you recruited for them.

Comment

you guys are so funny! i'm afraid to try it, because i know i'll become addicted. especially since we just got a new, very fast computer. i wish they had a demo on their site so i could just check out one game. what's it like? can someone explain the basic premise?

Comment

Curiosity finally got the best of me--I downloaded it today and played it 4 consecutive times, my score was actually worse with each game I played! I had to cut myself off after 4 games, but I'm sure I will be back at it by the end of the day!!!
                          Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Do I have to pay to download? I'm now very curious.
                            Luanne
                            Luanne
                            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Luanne, you don't have to pay to download. I'm not sure if they give you a month to play for free or set amount of games but I registered (at that point you pay the $15) after getting hooked after about 3 weeks and playing a few number of games.

Jill, it's a little hard to explain but basically there are about 5-6 characters that are lined up in rows in random order across the top of the screen. At the bottom of the screen is a pointer thing (like a cannon) that aims and shoots more of these same characters onto the rows above. The idea is to shoot/line up 3 of the same characters in a row at which time they fall away. You are trying to clear the screen by lining them up and clearing them out before the rows inch down which they do slowly. Once the characters get to the bottom of the screen, you die.

Did I make any sense there?

Comment

Working...
                              X