Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

First weather-related complaint of the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First weather-related complaint of the season

I woke up at 8am and came down and sleepily made myself a cup of coffee. I sat down on the sofa and kept thinking that it felt awfully cold. As I got up to walk back into the kitchen for a hard-boiled egg, I noticed that it was SNOWING. For a couple of hours, we had large white flakes falling .... now it's more of a sleet/snow. It has truly been non-stop all day. Most of it isn't sticking, but we have about 1.5 inches on the ground.

Boohoo. Snow on October 20th? This is just total Brrrshit!

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I was talking a friend from St Cloud last night making the point that winter is longer up there than it is here.
    Kris

Comment

Oh dear! Is this the earliest it's snowed there?
      Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Sadly, no....just for this year. I dug out all of the winter coats and found my flannel lined pants. Bring it, MN.

Comment

Meanwhile, in the PNW, it was 70 degrees and crystal clear all weekend. DH and I spent both days hiking and enjoying the fall sunshine.
          Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Originally posted by weeniegeniewife View Post
            Meanwhile, in the PNW, it was 70 degrees and crystal clear all weekend.
            Yup, beautiful and clear here.

Comment

"Brrrshit" is being entering into my vocabulary. Thank you.

Sorry it's snowing already. Sheesh!!

Comment

Ahh, the time of year when the weather complaints shift north
                Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Lol

Comment

I heard more flurries possible up your way today...

Ugh - I am already over cold weather. This might be a very long winter.
                    Kris

Comment

Originally posted by BonBon View Post
                      "Brrrshit" is being entering into my vocabulary.
                      Same here! Love it!

I bought some fleece tights the other day...never heard if these things but they're so soft and snugly! Can't wait to try them!

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
                        Ugh - I am already over cold weather. This might be a very long winter.
                        Me too! I haven't had a winter (besides some ski vacations- which so different) in two years, and the novelty of the cold day has already worn off. (It's lovely today, but I'm still bitter about throwing on a coat to go the grocery store on Sunday. And turning on the heat in October! Absurd).

Comment

Just had to turn on the heat this weekend. This apartment is like a sieve though, I could feel the breeze coming through these old windows! DH and I got some window insulation kits and weatherstripping for the back door, so it's not so bad now. I still need to plastic a few more windows this week. I'm still loving the fall weather though... ten years in Minnesota toughened me up. I haven't had to get out my "real" winter coats (cashmere, Thinsulate, down, etc.) since moving to PA.
                          Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Summer yesterday. Winter today. Boo.

Although I am looking forward to my warm weather vacay next month now!

Wife to PGY4
                            Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by MsSassyBaskets View Post
                              Just had to turn on the heat this weekend. This apartment is like a sieve though, I could feel the breeze coming through these old windows! DH and I got some window insulation kits and weatherstripping for the back door, so it's not so bad now. I still need to plastic a few more windows this week. I'm still loving the fall weather though... ten years in Minnesota toughened me up. I haven't had to get out my "real" winter coats (cashmere, Thinsulate, down, etc.) since moving to PA.
                              That's incredible - that you haven't had to get out your real winter coats since living in PA! I was freezing Sunday morning. Lol. I can't wait to see how I deal with March!!! We do live in a very walkable neighborhood (almost only walkable because parking is such a b*tch), so I may have been traumatized by the long (soaking wet) walk home after hot yoga... Today may have been the last day for that! Pay parking here I come... Bummer.

We live in an old building also. It's like 60 in the living room and 85 in the bedroom. I may need to look into some insulation kits - that's a good idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X