Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Shower etiquette??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shower etiquette??

The OR staff threw DH a surprise baby shower last week...it wasn't a huge deal as people were only able to pop in for a few minutes here and there in between cases. It was very nicely done, and we got a lot of really nice gifts. Problem: most gifts are from as many as 10 people. I really can't write out ~100 individual thank you notes. What I got was a large thank you card, and I was going to make several batches of these fancy cookies as well as buy a bunch of gourmet-type bread that is very popular. (I also wanted to send individual thank yous to the woman who planned it, as well as one who made us a precious baby quilt.)

Does that sound like a good plan??

I think that is perfectly fine - in a case like this I think anyone would think you're a saint if you wrote all those thank you notes and they'll remember the cookies more!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I think that is a great plan. You can either post the card somewhere that everyone can see it or ask someone to circulate it. I think people are totally understanding about that sort of thing -- and the cookies won't hurt a bit!
      100 thank you notes would be a lot!

Comment

I think what you're planning sounds great. One thank you card for the group is the norm for events like this at my office (they usually stick it up on the fridge in the kitchenette) and people LOVE anyone who sends food, so that's a sweet bonus.
        Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
        Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
        Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I think your plan sounds perfectly OK. When you're pregnant, you can only be expected to do so much, and writing out that many thank you's would be a huge burden. I think your appreciation would be better shown by the goodies and joint card than individual cards anyway!
          Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

How awesome that they did that for you guys! That's so great. I agree with everyone else that 1 thank you and the food is a great plan!
            Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Awesome. I was hoping you guys would say that. I know that when I used to work in an office, food was always #1!

And I'm so embarrassed, but we don't even know who some of the gifts are from...the cards and bags got all mixed up together when brought out to the car.

Comment

Working...
              X