Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

EEK! My life is about to change, BIG TIME.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EEK! My life is about to change, BIG TIME.

Well, the wedding day is fast approaching, Feb. 21.

We find out in March where we match, we have no idea at this point but
    we hope maybe our first 2 choices of Dallas or Phoenix. I think i'll be happy with either one.

Then, a long, long immigration wait. (he's US, i'm Cdn).

Then I quit my job, the love of my life (other than spouse to be), and leave all my family, and friends here in Toronto.

I'm nervous and excited all at the same time. Sometimes I want to laugh, sometimes cry.

I'm looking forward to finally being together, long distance over 2.5 years really sucks but we've gotten through it.

I guess I just wanted to share my excitment/terror with you all. hehehehe

I will post some wedding pics after the big day if I can on here and I'll definately share where we match.

Wow, what an exciting/stressful few months you have ahead of you! I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible for you both. Please keep us posted!

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

It will be really fun for you to be together, I think! Being a newlywed can be so much fun!!! Anyway, good luck with everything! I hope the immigration stuff goes well. My bro-in-law has been struggling with it for about 7 or 8 years now, since he married my sis (he's Mexican). I hope it's better for you!!!
      Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Best wishes, I hope you get everything you want. Keep us posted and I can't wait to see the wedding pics.
        Luanne
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

That is a lot of changes all at once!!! It will be wonderful for you guys to not be long distance anymore--just today my husband and I were reminiscing about the days we were long distance and were saying how happy we are that that period is over! Hope everything with the wedding goes as planned, keep us posted!
          Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Good luck to you, I hope everything goes smoothly. Let us know how it all turns out!
            ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
            -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I'm in a similar boat... scary, isn't it? I live in Alabama, my fiance is in New York - no wedding date yet, we're pretty much waiting on the match to tell us where we're going to be before planning any further ahead. We're both going to be moving to somewhere we've never lived before, and where we know almost no one. SCARY is an understatement! Good luck to you - I'm sure it will turn out for the best.

Comment

I noticed your wedding is in 10 days.... How is the planning going?
                Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Good luck!!!! I remember this anxiousness like it happened yesterday. I hope that you match where you're heart desires.

Also, best wishes for a beautiful wedding day.

Kelly
                  In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

wedding details

Well, things are coming along now.

Fi finished clinicals last Thursday and is driving to Toronto from California. He's in Nebraska as we speak! I'm really excited for him to get here because we've been long distance for years now and well, I just want my man with me! hehehehe

The wedding is not too big, approx. 125. Unfortunately only about 10 are from US because it was too far for them to travel. So he'll be quite overwhelmed i'm sure. He's met most over the years but i'm sure it will be interesting for him.

I pick up my wedding dress Friday I think, they had to do some last minute alterations.

I'm excited for the hall and the food because it's more extravagant then most of my family and his are used to. We are having a seafood buffet to start, then a 6 course plated meal to follow with full open bar all night so i'm really looking forward to this.

We'll be staying here till the following Saturday before we head to Mazatlan, Mexico for the 2 week honeymoon. We wanted to take the US guests around Toronto and to Niagara Falls.

It's hard to believe it's only 10 days away now. We got engaged last March and I thought this day would never come.

Comment

Congratulations on being this close - good luck with all the final little details. Enjoy it - every last minute of it! It will go by so fast!
                      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

That sounds really cool--especially the seafood buffet, and getting to hang around for a week checking out Toronto and the falls. I think your guests are going to love it. We certainly would, anyway.

Two weeks is a great honeymoon. Is it an all-inclusive type deal? We're not sure what we're going to do for a honeymoon yet, but I've heard you can really get a lot for your money with Mexico.

Good luck!
                        Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                        Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                        Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Mexico

It's not all inclusive. We usually don't do those only because we've found
                          we like to eat out a lot and don't get our $ worth. It just depends on what you guys like to do while travelling.

Plus, being the honeymoon and all, we don't expect to be out and about much.

Comment

Hey, tomorrow is the big day!!! Good luck and try to enjoy yourself! I don't remember a whole lot from my wedding day - and it was pretty low-key. We got married in our house with about 60 guests...I was so worried about everything going off without a hitch that I forgot to have fun.

Did you guys get to see the falls? I love them at this time of year. I used to live on Grand Island and would hike the park(American side) during the winter. So peaceful, I could get a lot of thinking done.

Hope everything goes smoothly and you have a wonderful day! Life is going to be pretty different going from a LDR to married . We also had a LDR - was pretty weird to suddenly see each other every day.

Enjoy the honeymoon , and post some wedding pics when you get back.

Comment

Best wishes, 1Atlantis!
                              Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                              Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                              Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Working...
                              X