Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

My super find!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My super find!

What? we have no fashion forum? LOL

I love alpaca products because they are so warm. For the last couple of years, I have begged for an alpaca coat, but the ones on the low end start at ~$400. This year, I started looking again and I happened to search E-Bay.

I got a Cinzia Rocca Italian made baby Alpaca coat for $150!!!!!! I priced similar ones online at ~$1100!!! It's so long that I'm tripping on it. I'll have to take it in to the tailor. Otherwise, it looks dark, dark brown in some lights but for the most part looks black. It is beautiful and soft and warm ... and ... I feel like I hit the lottery jackpot!!!

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

That is awesome. Alpaca is some of the warmest wool available and tends to be extremely soft. What a great find!
    Kris

Comment

Holy crap, that is an AWESOME find! I really, REALLY love alpaca wool.

I was at a craft bazaar this weekend where a woman was selling alpaca wool/angora mixed yarn. She even had one of her angora bunnies there. Holy shit, that stuff is so soft and strong. I bought a few skeins of her product for DD2 who crochets like a madwoman. It was expensive yarn, but DD2 is going to lose her mind over it.

I'm so stoked for you. What an amazing deal!

Comment

Awesome!! Post picture please!
        Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

That sounds REALLY REALLY warm!
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Fabulous! I want to see it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Veronica
            Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Awesome! Pictures!
              Laurie
              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

There is an alpaca boutique and fiber arts studio a block away from me. Now you guys are tempting me to head in there and shop. I've never gone in!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                Angie
                Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I'm getting an alpaca infinity scarf for Christmas!
                  Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade View Post
                    There is an alpaca boutique and fiber arts studio a block away from me. Now you guys are tempting me to head in there and shop. I've never gone in!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                    I would be there in a hot minute.

Comment

That's an amazing find! And yes, pictures!

Comment

Nice find!!
                        Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
                        Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Wow! That's a great deal!

My brother-in-law recently went to Peru and brought his mom and girlfriend back all this alpaca stuff he got for super cheap while he was there. I was jealous! Why nothing for his sister-in-law?
                          Wife of a PGY-1 podiatric surgery resident, mom to two cat babies with a human one on the way!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyFoot View Post
                            Wow! That's a great deal!

My brother-in-law recently went to Peru and brought his mom and girlfriend back all this alpaca stuff he got for super cheap while he was there. I was jealous! Why nothing for his sister-in-law?
                            I was about to suggest Peru. You find "baby" alpaca stuff everywhere...for a great price. I quote baby because that is how they advertise it. Heck, I'll take grumpy old alpaca. Loooove the stuff. It is absolutely the warmest. We went to an alpaca farm where they use alpacas for animal assisted therapy and were given some fur. I asked what to do with it and they told me to wrap it around my toes before putting on my boots, stuff it in my coat pockets...basically add some extra insulation. It works! While cross country skiing, my toes stayed warm and I always have trouble with my toes freezing - even with great boots and wool socks.
                            Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Working...
                            X