Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Mojo needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with the suggestion of a social worker helping. Thinking of them and in my prayers.
    PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

This is so sad, poor girls. My thoughts and prayers are with them.
      Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
      Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

So sad. I will keep them in mind!

Comment

Wow. That is a huge thing for your sitter to be supporting her roommate through. Prayers.

Comment

This is horrible. I hope things improve as much as they can
            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

How awful.
              Veronica
              Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

So terribly sad. Your sitter sounds like a gem, but I agree that her roommate needs a team of people.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

An update on D:
                  -Her heart is very weakened/breaking down and she will need to be on an external pump "in the not so distant future" (apparently her doc's favorite phrase, which annoys our sitter because she would like a rough estimate!)
                  -She cannot even climb a flight of stairs without severely exerting herself. The elevator in their building was broken, the LL's were dicking around fixing it, so they had to call the fire department to carry her up to the apartment.
                  -She is ridiculously stubborn regarding asking for help, accepting help, and trying to like foods that are on her dialysis diet
                  -Our sitter and their other roommate have talked to their respective parents (D is estranged from hers), and the parents are willing to help however they can, including paying for a wheelchair for her.

Wife of a PGY-4 Orthopod
                  Jen
                  Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

This is just too too sad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

This is really sad. Without knowing too many details, it doesn't sound like she will survive another year. I'm sure she isn't ready now, but as others have said, social work and hospice will be very helpful. I know that hospice companies here have talked to families (without the patient knowing) before they are needed, just to let them know what they offer and how to get the ball rolling when the time comes.
                      Luanne
                      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I'm glad to hear the other girls are getting their parents involved. More adults need to be involved here. Perhaps she will listen to them, especially if she is given no other option. Poor thing. Its just not fair.

PS thanks for posting I was just about to get on here and ask about a update.
                        Last edited by moonlight; 01-09-2014, 07:56 AM.
                        Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                        "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

The parents are also working on getting the Medicaid paperwork teed up for her. Her current student health insurance is grossly under what she needs. I was thinking the same thing, Meenah, re her prognosis. Our sitter is pretty convinced that she will be in a nursing home or have full-time home health sooner rather than later.

Wife of a PGY-4 Orthopod
                          Jen
                          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Did she take off this semester?
                            Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                            "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Oh my. It's heartwarming to see that these girls are rallying around D. what a sad situation.
                              married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
                                Oh my. It's heartwarming to see that these girls are rallying around D. what a sad situation.
                                Yes, this. Especially since she's estranged from her family. Do they know how serious the situation is? This breaks my heart.

Comment

Working...
                                X