Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Weekend plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend plans?

What are you all doing this fine winter weekend in January.

We are going to Saint Paul Winter Carnival to join all the nut jobs who want to frolic in the freezing cold! To give you some perspective, the windchill factor was 30 below yesterday. By comparison, today is downright at 5 degrees with snowfall. Tomorrow we will venture out to see the famed ice castle, watch the parade, and watch some nordic mythic beings called vulcans frolic about. When in Minnesota do as the Minnesotans do....

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

That sounds interesting....and cold. Can you watch from an indoor heated area?
    Depending on what this baby decides to do ( ), DH may take the kiddo to the National Western Stock Show. It's a lot of fun for kids -- there are all sorts of animals from bunnies and chicks to cows and horses, a petting farm, and just a lot going on.

Comment

Sounds fun....I would suggest a warm adult beverage with said activities, but since you are with child that isn't possible.

We are celebrating the weekend in grand fashion with a big 'ol dose of the usual, please. DW is on call and I will play go fish with my oldest and try and help get the youngest back on a "good" sleeping schedule. It should be a FUN weekend here......ha

Comment

Not too much here either- Matt, I'd join you for go fish if we were closer- the good doctor will be on-call on Sunday. Tomorrow- I'm getting my hair cut and we're getting our criminal histories (part of the whole adoption nightmare paperwork trail).

Other than that, I may convince my mother that she wants to make me Sunday dinner!

Jenn

Comment

That all sounds like so much fun - I saw that ice castle on the Today show this week. We're not doing anything exciting - my DH is on call tonight so he'll be home around 2 tomorrow but then he's off Sunday. We'll probably do a lot of prep for the match/superbowl party we're having next Sunday. The house needs to be cleaned and recipes need to be rooted out. His brother is also coming up to help us celebrate next weekend - so next weekend will be more fun!
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

My in-laws are coming tonight, the girls are really excited because we haven't seen them in 2 months! Tomorrow we are driving to Topeka for two reasons--my husband is going through "chik-fil-a" withdrawals and we are getting a 3D ultrasound at the mall. (We actually planned the ultrasound there BECAUSE of chik-fil-a!). I'm excited to get another glimpse at our little guy, though I usually think 3D ultrasound photos look a little freaky!
            Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

That's so cool about the 3D ultrasounds! I didn't know that they had those things at a mall! I have also never tried Chick-fil-A although now we live about 2 miles from a mall where they have one of those places. What exactly is a Chick-fil-a? Is it like a subway?

Sounds like everyone (most everyone ) has nice plans. My husband is, like all Saturdays, going to study at the library, and I am, like all Saturdays, going to stay home with the kids and try to keep them from killing each other... But it is supposed to snow, so perhaps I'll do something really exciting like shovel out our walkway and stuff!
              Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Working...
              X