Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Just an idea...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just an idea...

There are several of you here that are gurus in "x". I had the idea to create webinars/how tos and post them. What do you think admins? We have created stickies for several common topics but for several items, we have to search thread after thread. For example, through reading the forums, if I have a question about all things paint, I will ask diggitydot or if I want to make my own soap, I will ask Houseofwool. However, if I were a newbie, I would not know to even look for such. I was also thinking about other topics...ummm, like WeenieGeenie's hubby giving gift buying challenged spouses a quick how to since he is quite the shopper. There would also be serious stuff like how to write a personal statement, CV or even how to communicate with your spouse. It is easy for us to say "you need to talk to your spouse" but what happens when that spouse is say...not an external processor or may not know how to be a reflective thinker? I could go on...been thinking about it for a couple of days. . Just a thought.
    Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Cool idea!
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I like this idea! And anything related to shopping, DH is game to help. Hahaha, he and I are SO gender-opposite when it comes to shopping. Case in point: we had his company's Christmas party two weeks ago. He picked out my dress and sparkly shoes. When people complimented me on my shoes, he would gleefully pipe in that he picked them out. He is truly amazeballs at any and all things shopping-related. It's a tad scary.
      Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

WGW, that sounds like my dad! He used to make my clothes when I was little and people would be really confused when I'd say my daddy made it on his sewing machine. Back to the topic, sounds good

Comment

I love it! Superquick and off the top of my head, I nominate Allison for investing, La Hussey for military spouse tips, Tara for compassionate/long view parenting, Poky for internet/tech stuff, Kris for personal growth, Ladybug for photography.

Can I just fantasize about this for a moment? I really need someone to do my makeup with all the right products. I go into Sephora and Ulta and I am just totally overwhelmed and leave the store. I rarely see girls in there with makeup that I'd like to emulate. Who's up for makeup?
          Last edited by houseelf; 01-01-2014, 07:27 PM.
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by houseelf View Post
            Kris for personal growth
            I appreciate the nod, but the older I get the more I realize how little I know. I'll be a consumer of this service!

Comment

...not going to address the things you have had to deal with in this public forum, but you have overcome quite a few things and are stronger for it. Lay off of Kris. She's my friend.
              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Thanks, Kelly.

Comment

Working...
                X