Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Awkward Holiday Moments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awkward Holiday Moments

Thought it might be fun to share some of the special times with friends and family.

This one is from last year:

We are at the inlaws with both sets of parents;
    My fathers girlfriend is there and saying what a nice time she was having. She usually does not celebrate the holidays because of the horrible memories she had as a child.
    She is French and remembers the Nazi invasion during WWII. Over Christmas they were going from home to home, hiding from the occupiers and very short on food. They had left everything behind trying to flee to safety.

Upon hearing this my father in law said he has something that he is sure she would like to see.
    He goes upstairs and brings down a box.
    Inside the box he has a WWII Nazi Luger with the SS symbols stamped on it,

Yeah........ She kinda went to her room after that. Said she didn't feel well

That's like...TV show awkward. That kind of awkward just doesn't happen in real life, surely!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Ohhhhh, my wife's father is a truly unique individual.
      Although I have to admit that the above story is the best.

oooops inlaws are back gotta go.....

Comment

Wow!
        Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Am I the only one with awkward holiday moments?
          Or the only one to talk about them?

TMI?

Comment

NOTHING is TMI around here. We just intentionally avoid extended family for the holidays, which drastically limits our exposure to the weirdos.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
              NOTHING is TMI around here. We just intentionally avoid extended family for the holidays, which drastically limits our exposure to the weirdos.
              I would want a blow by blow at the next gathering, just like the wedding.
              Kris

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
                I would want a blow by blow at the next gathering, just like the wedding.
                That's the only way I can handle being around our families.

Comment

Originally posted by Alacrity View Post
                  Am I the only one with awkward holiday moments?
                  Or the only one to talk about them?

TMI?
                  No. See my crazy holiday thread. I believe people were so appalled by my brother's fart story that they couldn't respond. I might be shunned at the next imsn conference.

Family can be ... crazy.
                  ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                  ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
                    No. See my crazy holiday thread. I believe people were so appalled by my brother's fart story that they couldn't respond. I might be shunned at the next imsn conference.

Family can be ... crazy.
                    I don't think anyone was appalled. But really, you can't top murder-by-fart stories.

Comment

I thought the fart story was hilarious!!!

After the truly horrible things others posted in that thread, I figured my holiday nightmare wouldn't ever be able to compare.
                      Last edited by corn poffi; 01-04-2014, 12:43 PM.
                      I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Working...
                      X