Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Light Boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light Boxes

DH bought me one for XMas to help me fend off the blues during the long, cold, MN winters that I love to complain about. It's Awesome. I have to be honest ... I thought it was a bunch of bs and I almost wasn't even willing to try it. I had people tell me that it took them weeks to notice a difference and that man people start in the Fall to make sure that they are 'good' come winter. I figured it was placebo effect for them.

Today is day 3 of using it for me and I feel Awesome! I feel so energetic and self-confident and upbeat. I can't believe it. I am ready to tackle the world!

Has anyone else had an experience like this? I have to admit that I'm using it for several hours a day, but I just feel so great that I can't believe it is a coincidence. Maybe it's placebo for me too!

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Yes, I have one, I love it! I got mine after my hyster when I was inside a lot and pretty depressed. 30 min 2x a day is what I did, and it worked great. Just make sure you don't use it any later than 2pm, because it can keep you up at night.
    Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

Ugh. That explains why I was up until after 3am last night. Thanks for the advice.
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

This is the first I've heard of these, glad to hear it's helping! I think I'll get one for DH.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk
        Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
        Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

I've never heard of these either. Sounds like something that would be great for DH! Any brand recommendations or ideas where to find them?
          Wife of a PGY-1 podiatric surgery resident, mom to two cat babies with a human one on the way!

Comment

They're pretty common where we live. Lots of SAD (seasonal affective disorder) around here.

Comment

I got mine at Costco, but Amazon sells them, too.
              Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

I have one that's my alarm clock. I pretty much only use it as an alarm here (waking up to light gradually is great) bc there's so much sun. But I did do light therapy in MD during the long dark winter days.

I'm a believer!
                Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Working...
                X