Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Sending iCal events Outlook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending iCal events Outlook

Does anyone do this to keep their husbands apprised of events? DH and I were talking about if I could send him family events, etc that need to be on his calendar and all he had to do was click or drag and drop to his outlook he'd be a lot more organized...
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

I'd make a separate calendar for the events you want him aware of, and then follow these steps: http://www.ehow.com/how_5458732_sync-ical-outlook.html

Wife of a PGY-4 Orthopod
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

It also appears that there is a way to do it via iCloud, but I can't find specific instructions

Wife of a PGY-4 Orthopod
      Jen
      Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

We do and we love it! It has resolved a bit of bickering actually.

In fact, it has made me more amenable to *considering* an iphone for my oldest once he gets into high school. It is so nice to have everyone automatically synced up. We have some friends who swear by this function with their teenagers to ensure that they take off time from their employers, participate in arranging car pools, parents are apprised of baby sitting gigs, etc. I'm not totally sold on the smart phone yet, but this function alone sounds amazing.
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

So we have figured out if I add him as invitee it works best? Is that the way you do it Kelly?

Comment

Yes. I even "invited" him to his parents' 50th wedding anniversary. He is not permitted to decline. LOL. You're going to love this. Really.
            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

We use an extra email account that we both put on our phone calendars. That way he doesn't have a choice to accept!
              sigpic
              buckeye born, raised, and educated... thankfully, so is my wonderful med student husband...

Comment

We share the calendar on our iphones and it is so nice....he knows what's going on in the home front with my job obligations, the kids' sports schedules, appointments, etc., and on the rare occasions that he adds something, I get a notification immediately. I can't imagine life without it now!
                Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I wish we could share iPhone calendars but he need something he can put on his work calendar so he only has to look one place, me inviting him to events seems to be working.

Comment

Originally posted by houseelf View Post
                    In fact, it has made me more amenable to *considering* an iphone for my oldest once he gets into high school. It is so nice to have everyone automatically synced up. We have some friends who swear by this function with their teenagers to ensure that they take off time from their employers, participate in arranging car pools, parents are apprised of baby sitting gigs, etc. I'm not totally sold on the smart phone yet, but this function alone sounds amazing.
                    (You can do it on iPod touch or iPad just as easily. )
                    Alison

Comment

Working...
                    X