Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

FB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FB

So ... somehow, I changed my FB status updates to custom (and the only person who could see them was my daughter)! This change took place sometime around Jan. 6th, but I had NO idea. I started feeling like ... something must be wrong with my updates. I had posted a couple of interesting parenting stories, etc. I actually DELETED some of these stories thinking that maybe they were offensive to someone in some way. I felt really bad about myself! I started going through my posts and noticed that they were all set to custom, so I checked my settings. Custom. I had actually started to feel a little ignored on FB LOL This is hysterically funny to me! It's amazing how you can start feeling insecure over something like responses on FB!

My phone is awesome, but the one big complaint I have is that it is so sensitive that I am constantly changing settings with my ear. I have logged on to iMSN with my ear, deleted WiFi, done all kinds of things. No one knows my password to my phone, so it must have happened that way.

Anyway, I just thought this was so funny....a whole week of feeling insecure....over FB!

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

This made me laugh out loud because it is oh so true!!!!!
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Glad you figured it out!

Wife of a PGY-4 Orthopod
      Jen
      Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Luanne,

It's so funny. I posted this thing about Zoe playing Sims. Then I started thinking maybe people were upset that I was letting her play Sims (she is supervised. She just likes to build families exactly like our family.) I started doubting myself though about letting her play. It really cracks me up ...

Comment

That happened to me with my pictures. I thought everyone was sick of seeing pictures of my kids!
          -Ladybug

Comment

I actually can't get my status updates to stay 'friends' I keep switching them in my privacy settings but they keep coming up custom. ? What am I doing wrong?

Comment

I don't think it's you, it's fb. I check my settings before every post and photo bc it keeps reverting to public!! My old math professor recently was bummed bc she also thought no one liked her anymore! All her posts had gotten reset to "only me". Gah, fb is so annoying but it's such a handy way to keep in touch. :/

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

That's happened to me too. I noticed too that FB has been glitching a lot in this last year and doing weird things like that. Also I think their algorithm is set up were you will see the statuses of the people who you have the most communication with. My bestfriend from high school got engaged over New Year's Day. We haven't spoken in years and don't really communicate on each other's facebook's. She posted about the engagement around the time it happened and I just found out about it today by going to her facebook and seeing it on her wall. FB doesn't tell us everything going on with everyone and sometimes that's really annoying because I'll miss stuff from people I consider close but maybe don't talk to much on fb.
                PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug View Post
                  That happened to me with my pictures. I thought everyone was sick of seeing pictures of my kids!
                  Haha that happened to me the month after DD was born! Also, if I use Firefox to load pictures, they never show up on my timeline, so the only way people saw them was if they clicked on the album from my page. That one took me awhile to figure out!
                  Laurie
                  My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Working...
                  X