Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Seattle Seahawks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle Seahawks

I'll never buy anything but Duracell again.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1919348-deaf-seahawks-fullback-derrick-coleman-stars-in-terrific-duracell-commercial
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Did you mean to post this?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u2HD57z...ure%3Dyoutu.be

Comment

I think it is the same thing.
      Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I'm on Tapatalk on my phone and there's nothing there other than what you wrote.

Comment

It's a great story (life) and a fantastic commercial.

GO HAWKS!
          Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Awesome commercial!!!
            Tara
            Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I love that none of the guys were these sought after first (or even second round) draft picks. So many were 5th or 6th round picks, or like Coleman, not picked at all.

I used to not be a Pete Carrol fan, but man that guy knows how to create a great team vibe.

Comment

I agree with the above!!! It's interesting how the media spins the Seahawks. They are a pretty amazing bunch of guys -- not typical football players.

The following is a Hawk love fest by me -- but trust me when I say Seattle is NOT a trash talking bunch of thugs. They JUST AREN'T.

Wilson was a crapshoot in the draft and Pete scooped him up and played him before Flynn who was making a boat load of money. He's also basically a boy scout workaholic who is at Children's hospital sometimes twice a week. He's a gem. The city adores him. He's loved by everyone and has a line in Eminem's new track "Monster." When Johnny Legend came to town he gave Wilson tickets (I had a friend who sat next to him) and praised him for his work ethic and time with the terminal patients at Children's hospital.

Sherman is a trash talking awesome (and huge) corner who some argue is the best in the league. Off the field he's a Stanford grad from Compton who goes around to high schools and tells kids to study hard and not be lazy -- education is their ticket to anything that matters. He frequently uses words I need to look up in interviews. He was not a first round pick and ironically was coached by Harbaugh (ish) who didn't play him towards the end of Sherman's college career and did not talk him up in the draft. Huge chip we will use to our advantage this Sunday!

Lynch is out of a really tough area of Oakland Ca. He got into some trouble in Buffalo (his first team) before landing in Seattle where he has kept his nose clean. He hates being interviewed and was fined $50,000 for NOT talking enough to the press -- not because he's aloof and arrogant but because he's embarrassed so much emphasis is placed on football. In his mind it's NOT that complicated and he isn't comfortable talking about things he does well in games. He's pretty shy and frequently eats Skittles on the sidelines as his favorite snack. He's a ferocious running back that frequently needs three guys (or more) to bring him down. His nickname is Beastmode.

Watching Earl Thomas (safety) play is literally like watching a video game. He's beyond fast and tenacious. He changes offenses by simply being on the field. He is a workaholic and spends hours in the film room studying until the janitors kick him out. He wants to play perfectly to be worthy of the physical/mental gifts he was born with.

Golden Tate was a highly recruited catch out of Notre Dame who underperformed for his first two years. On Seattle he's just "one of the key players" and has learned to just "shut up and play." He is constantly amazed by how hard his team mates work and how some of these guys could care less he was "Golden" from ND but he's a member of the Hawk family. (By the way, who names their kid "Golden???") He takes huge hits by guys twice his size and gets more yardage after the catch than almost any other receiver.

There are only four players left over from the coach prior to Pete. They are Mebane ( a personal favorite of mine), Unger, Bryant, and the punter John Ryan

Ok, I'll stop.

GO HAWKS!!!!
                Flynn

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Golden is actually a pretty nice kid. He came to DD2's classroom in 4th grade (he was still at ND) and talked to them. He stayed late, gave everyone autographs, and was super sweet to a group of unwieldy 10 year olds. He was actually kind of embarrassed when the kids asked for autographs.

I LOVE listening to Sherman. Did you know he was his class' Salutatorian. He is hilarious and such a quick thinker.

Whenever Lynch gets going or has a great run, it sounds like people are booing, but they're yelling, "BEAST!" Fans in the Hawk's Nest will call for Lynch, yelling, "Feed the Beast!" It's pretty funny.

How many secondaries have their own nickname? Or one as cool as the Legion of Boom? Carrol has done a great job of taking players who don't fit the "traditional mold" for a position and using their strengths to augment their opponents' weaknesses. That's some genius-level shit.

Comment

Cripes DD and Flynn, you could almost make *ME* a Hawks fan. Almost.
                    Kris

Comment

I am a hawks fan but live in 49er territory and they are PISSED about the whole ticket thing lol. Come on!!! Home field advantage needs to count for something.

We got out of watching sports regularly when Dora the Explorer took over our tv, followed by Mario and Luigi... But I definitely want to get back in.

Look at all the players the redskins picked up over the years--- great draft picks. They JUST can't get it together with the whole work hard concept.

Anyway... It's always super super thrilling when a Seattle team makes it deep into playoffs. I still get chills thinking about the Ms and their amazing season way back... When was it? 95?
                      Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I know absolutely nothing about sports, but Oliver and Georgia are hearing impaired and have hearing aides. Their hearing is 100% normal with hearing aides, so my take on this is the hearing aides and the hearing aide batteries!!!! I am so shallow!
                        Luanne

Comment

Originally posted by Meenah View Post
                          I know absolutely nothing about sports, but Oliver and Georgia are hearing impaired and have hearing aides. Their hearing is 100% normal with hearing aides, so my take on this is the hearing aides and the hearing aide batteries!!!! I am so shallow!
                          Really, the commercial is TOTALLY about the batteries, but Coleman's story is kind of the story of a lot of the players on the Seahawks. They're this group of mostly passed-over misfits who don't really fit the NFL norm, but work hard and have amazing chemistry together.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                            Really, the commercial is TOTALLY about the batteries, but Coleman's story is kind of the story of a lot of the players on the Seahawks. They're this group of mostly passed-over misfits who don't really fit the NFL norm, but work hard and have amazing chemistry together.
                            This is how the Chiefs were this year, they picked up pretty much everyone that others released and went from 2-12 to the playoffs. Good luck to Seattle!
                            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                              Golden is actually a pretty nice kid. He came to DD2's classroom in 4th grade (he was still at ND) and talked to them. He stayed late, gave everyone autographs, and was super sweet to a group of unwieldy 10 year olds. He was actually kind of embarrassed when the kids asked for autographs.

I LOVE listening to Sherman. Did you know he was his class' Salutatorian. He is hilarious and such a quick thinker.

Whenever Lynch gets going or has a great run, it sounds like people are booing, but they're yelling, "BEAST!" Fans in the Hawk's Nest will call for Lynch, yelling, "Feed the Beast!" It's pretty funny.

How many secondaries have their own nickname? Or one as cool as the Legion of Boom? Carrol has done a great job of taking players who don't fit the "traditional mold" for a position and using their strengths to augment their opponents' weaknesses. That's some genius-level shit.

That's great to hear about Golden because he's one of my favorites! I've watched him since he was a Domer. He's so undersized for his position, yet never quits trying to get a few more yards.

One of my favorite stories about Sherman (which he tells high school kids here) is that he wouldn't miss class to visit with a recruiter. He made three division one coaches wait until his "free period" so he could finish his AP History class. It wasn't a "I was worth the wait" stories but rather a, "I might get hurt, Football might not work out for me so I need to fill my brain while I'm here everyday. Nobody can take that away from me -- ever."

Baldwin is another great character/player on the Seahawk roster. He's a receiver and was at Stanford with Sherman. They are great friends and practice against each other all the time. When Sherman was interviewed last game he did his thing and then added what a fantastic catch Baldwin had to change the energy of the game.

I love the Clink! I've only been to one game this year but it's deafening when we are on defense and yet when we are on offense it's totally quiet during the snap!
                              Flynn

Comment

Working...
                              X