Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Sheets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheets

So, we are in desperate need of new sheets and I need some input because I have no idea what to look for. I know I prefer a 100% (or nearly) cotton sheet and I like like the to be crisp and cool not soft and cuddly.

And if they pill? I toss them. I hate pilly sheets. I have set that only lasted a few uses before they were so pilly that it was like having sand in bed.

I am heading to Ikea next weekend and my shopping list includes a set of their 310 thread count sheets. At $35 for a queen set, the price is right.

Any other recommendations? We have a TJ Maxx, but no other big home goods stores here. TJM's inventory is really spotty and I'm never able to find a matching (or even coordinating) set of sheets there.
    Kris

We've gotten good deals at BB&B in the clearance section. If not on clearance, the prices are too steep for us however.
    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

I love sateen cotton sheets in the highest thread count I can find. They're soft, but not silky, and they have a crisp texture.
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I also like crisp cotton sheets. So far I've liked some from bb&b. I'll think they are called perfectly percale. They hold up well, don't pill but they are wrinkly for the first few washes.
        Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Try Kohls online, or overstock.com. I think it was DCJenn who said overstock was great for high quality linens.
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Bed Bath & Beyond has one called "perfect percale" that is a good thread count and very crisp. I hate sateen, it just feels dirty to me. Those are my favorite sheets.
            Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Sateen weave has floats that might increase the chance of pilling unless the cotton is a very long staple. Plain weave like percale is your go-to for crisp/cool. You might not notice a difference in hand above 250-300, so go fondle all the samples at IKEA. We have some nice plain weave IKEA sheets that have held up for years...I do like the GASPA 310 count sateen, DH loves them especially, but the simpler SOVA plain weave are the absolute sturdiest, nicest feeling sheets in my house. I think they're just a standard 180 count but it's a nice hand.

(Note that at high thread counts above 400, the count system gets wonky. A 200 epi fabric woven with 2 threads at a time will get labeled as a 400 count, etc., despite having the hand of the coarser fabric. In general it's best to feel before you buy.)
              Alison

Comment

I always look for single-ply thread counts. I found some single-ply 780 TC at Sam's Club several year ago and I LOVE those sheets.

Comment

We get the Wamsutta 400 thread count set from BB&B, usually with coupons. We've had a few sets on different beds, and they've held up really well for the last several years.
                  Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

I actually like the Target Threshold sheets and they are on sale right now. I just bought another set for Ns bed as the fitted sheets have two layers of elastic to fit regular and super thick mattresses. And a tag that says "this is the top/bottom"

Genius
                    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I thought I would report back - I bought the Gaspa sheets back in February and I really like them. So much so, that I had my mom buy another set today when she was at Ikea.

They wear well, have a great hand and NO PILLING!
                      Kris

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
                        I thought I would report back - I bought the Gaspa sheets back in February and I really like them. So much so, that I had my mom buy another set today when she was at Ikea.

They wear well, have a great hand and NO PILLING!
                        We have GASPA sheets for our air mattress and love them!!
                        Jen
                        Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Working...
                        X