Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The horrible day post....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The horrible day post....

OK..today was miserable...

I ran around all morning and then this afternoon Alex had "Kindergarten Roundup". Thomas came home early from work to watch the others and Alex and the baby and I headed over to the elementary school.

There was NO parking and so I had to park far away on a side street which was fine, but when I got out of the van I realized that I had parked with a huge snow drift on the passenger side door...but by this time I was so late that I just jumped out and ran around and got Alex out.

He could barely stand in the snow, so I had to put him back in the van to let him climb out my chair. I got the baby and started walking through the snow...I lifted up my foot and my SHOE WAS GONE. I started looking through the snow for my shoe (no gloves of course ) and I couldn't find it. I got the baby out behind the van with Alex and was searching and cursing . One man finally stopped and asked me if I needed help...by this time the baby was crying and Alex was freezing...and my foot was an ice block....He found the shoe and we walked into the building. There was a line of chairs along the wall for the last names A-K and L-Z.

So...we sat down in the chairs to wait our turn...along with the guy who helped me find my shoe. But the line didn't seem to be moving. Finally, I asked the lady next to me and she said "OH NO, this isn't the line...you can just go right into that room . Soooo we ended up being late and getting put in the late group and so I had to leave early. Alex didn't get to have the bus tour or anything.

Then it was home to make dinner and get Andrew off to his boy scout meetin gand take Amanda to her girl scout meeting. Then I had to pick up Andrew and his friend, take the friend home and come home.......I couldn't find the house where the meeting was being held and I drove around for 15 minutes searching for it....by the time I found it I was ready to just jump out of the van, lay myself on the driveway and have a temper tantrum!

There....I've gotten it out! What a DAY!!!

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Kris:

Doesn't it feel wonderful to vent?! I'm sorry you had such a time of it ... Hopefully, later you can look back and laugh. My family continues to remind me to keep a sense of humor. It's hard to keep that as the focus, but I feel fortunate to have a resource and outlet such as this incredible website to vent my frustrations and, more importantly at times, read that others are experiencing nearly the exact same things as I am!! Do you keep a journal or other writing device?

Hope your week improves!

Comment

Bully for you Kris keeping your kids in so many activities! I'm amazed! I think it's an organizational achievement that you even remember all those places to go to... We are definitely not there yet! (girl scouts, boy scouts, etc...)
      Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

What a horrible evening! It seems like all of that stuff usually happens all at once to really push you to your limit. I hope today goes better for you!
        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I must have been stressed yesterday...the post was just one big babble...I don't even understand what I wrote!!!!

Well, as long as I can keep my shoes on today things should be better!

kris

Comment

Kris, you weren't kidding when you said you had a bad day!!! I definitely have days when I would LOVE to have a tantrum...probably wouldn't be a pretty sight though.

I am still amazed at how you keep it all together with four kids. LOL, Gavin is only 11 days old and I am wondering how the heck he and I are going to go grocery shopping together.

At least today is Wednesday already. Make sure you wear shoes with tight laces!! 8)

Comment

Chris,

I told my mom what happend and her comment to me was "why weren't you wearing boots and gloves" I guess a little prior planning would have been helpful!!!!

Oh well...today is a new day and seems to be going much better.

kris

Comment

Glad today is better for you. Sounds like a crazy day that you were glad to see end!

Jennifer
                Needs

Comment

Working...
                X