Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Favorite sayings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Is that polite/kind/a good idea?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

son of a biscuit
      was that an appropriate choice?
      Hurry up.
      Really? (As in I can't fucking believe you just did that)

And when the kids aren't around "fuck" peppers my speech.
      Kris

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
        I'm feeling like maybe I say fuck a lot.
        Pretty sure we're long lost sisters...

Comment

Back story: I was number 5 out of 6 children, I grew up in Mississippi, I grew up Catholic and went to Catholic schools, and the name of the state mental hospital was Whitfield. When my mother would get totally exasperated with us she would say "Jesus, Mary, and Joseph ya'll are going to drive me to Whitfield"!!!!!! I still say it to this day and absolutely no one in NJ knows what the hell I am talking about.
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Can't make chicken salad from chicken shit.

Don't blame the iceberg./ When the Titanic sunk, the iceberg didn't care.

The latest addition: "You give me hiccups." (K1 says that he loves the girl so much that she gives him hiccups. This is the new gold standard in our home. Every one should fall in love with someone who gives them hiccups. We pick up a lot of language from K1. )

I'm not counting the things I tell my kids a hundred times daily. Things like, "Where are your pants?" "Do you have your listening ears on?" "Don't discuss it. Just flush it." Re nursing : " Mom's diner is eat in only. " ( for those times when Lambie wants to take her meal / my nipple away somewhere else.)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
            Last edited by MrsK; 03-14-2014, 11:41 PM.
            Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Deleted
              Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Talk to me goose
                So you got that going for you, which is nice
                We're not late, we're just in a hurry
                swoosh (when someone makes a good point)
                That's a T (when one of my kids is verbally nasty to another-- it's a basketball technical foul)
                Go big or go home
                defense wins championships

Most of these things I say to lighten the mood. It's not like I think I'm imparting wisdom or anything.
                Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Adding to my list:
                  Move your toots (meaning to get going and move faster and having nothing to do with tooting.)
                  Don't flip a tit/she flipped a tit. (That's terrible, I know! One year it was a phrase that was all the rage with the teenagers. My 2 older kids came home saying it and I shut that down fast. My mom and I started joking about the expression with each other and jokingly said it to each other and it crept into my vocabulary. Ugh.)
                  Hurry, flurry, scurry, worry.
                  I just can't...
                  Last edited by PrincessFiona; 03-15-2014, 08:52 AM.
                  ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                  ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I'm always telling people that certain things are "a reason, not an excuse".

My grandfather-in-law (from the Philippines) always says, "My land!" and we've started saying that a lot recently too.
                    Wife of a PGY-1 podiatric surgery resident, mom to two cat babies with a human one on the way!

Comment

Working...
                    X