Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The best reality show....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best reality show....

Has anyone here been following the democratic candidates? I have to say that this is the best reality tv I've watched As much as I booed Lieberman, I have to say that I got all choked up last night when he withdrew. I find myself asking "Has Kucinich had a second date with that woman?", will Dean's wife show up on the interview trail again...HEY, for all of us feeling badly about our spouse's not being available...imagine you were running for the office of PRESIDENT and your MD spouse said "sorry, honey, can't be there...I have call! 8O "

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

You know that I don't waste too much time worrying about the Democratic candidates but I do think that Lieberman was the most honorable amongst them.......politics is a dirty game ON BOTH SIDES! It would be hard to stomach all of the crap that goes on.....I am sure that scares a lot of people away.

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I'm with you, Sally. I think Lieberman was the 90's version of Jimmy Carter. An honorable man who just happened to get caught in the crossfire.

I think whoever gets the Democratic ticket has a good chance of beating Bush with as many Bush-haters as there are out there. And I have to say, I actually enjoy watching the candidates making asses out of each other and just splewing hate speech at Bush. I just want to hear what their vision is as if that really matters if/when they actually make it to the White House.

Comment

I know, I'm ashamed to say I didn't vote in the primaries here yesterday, but it's mainly because I didn't have a clue who to vote for!!! There was a section in our paper a few Sundays ago where each candidate was asked to specifically write a message to Missouri voters--Dean and Edwards did not reply so they took their messages off of their websites. Most of them focused on their disapproval of the war and didn't really talk about what they stood for. The only one that gave concrete examples of what he wanted to do and even threw in some statistics specific to Missourians was Clark.
        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Originally posted by mommax3
          but I do think that Lieberman was the most honorable amongst them
          Yeah, he's every Republican's favorite. (I don't know any Democrats who are excited about him, though. I'm not too upset about him leaving the race.)
          Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
          Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
          Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

The Michigan primary is this Saturday and I've already voted by mail. This year is weird because there aren't any Democratic candidates that I'm truly excited about, so for me it came down to who I thought would be able to beat Bush.
            ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
            -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Our primary isn't until March 2. Based on how much things have changed in the past month, I feel like I have no idea what things will look like by the time Super Tuesday rolls around. I agree with Kris--it'll definitely be interesting to see it unfold.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”

Comment

Watching the democratic candidates is, yes, extremely entertaining. The only thing to top it is The Daily Show with Jon Stewart!

Comment

Or how about Bill Maher!!

I'm not crazy about any of the candidates, really. I do think that Dean got a bad rap with the media...but I didn't necessarily consider him a serious candidate...I liked his ideas, but his personality was an issue for me. Kerry is trying to come out like the outsider now...but he's what...the 3rd richest senator?

I think that I have just sort of gotten swept up in the stories about these people...watching the news now is like tuning into a reality show! I find it very entertaining.

kris
                  ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                  ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona
                    I'm not crazy about any of the candidates, really.
                    Me neither, and I think we're not alone in that--this could be how Bush stays in the Whitehouse even though tons of people can't stand him.

I do think that Dean got a bad rap with the media...
                    I feel like Dean got a freakishly GOOD rap with the media--they've been telling us for months how he's the frontrunner and he has all this grassroots support and Democrats across the country are just itching to vote for the guy . . . and that all turned out to be completely wrong. Although I guess somebody gave him $41 million dollars. Who are these people, and why aren't they voting for him? The media did turn all Lord of the Flies on him with that "scream speech," though. That was ugly (the reaction, not the speech).

but I didn't necessarily consider him a serious candidate...I liked his ideas, but his personality was an issue for me.
                    I agree. He seemed to come out of the gate way too fast and the support for him seemed a bit too enthusiastic--seemed more like a brightly burning fad than someone with long-term fuel. I didn't expect him to fizzle so quickly, though! I thought he'd be the nominee but then lose or barely squeak by.

Kerry is trying to come out like the outsider now...but he's what...the 3rd richest senator?
                    Is he going for the outsider approach? That's ludicrous. I don't have a problem with him being rich (it's inherited, which he can't help, it's not like he founded a super-profitable child slavery ring or anything). And I don't have a problem with him having worked in govt for decades (although a governorship would be preferable to a senate seat). I just hope he steps up and isn't wishy-washy. My main concern about him has always been that his whole "gentleman senator" demeanor isn't going to be very effective in a presidential race.

Comment

Voting, ah- a few short weeks and I'll be completing my Texas absentee ballot.

Can't wait.

I would register here in DC but 1) we will probably end up back in Texas anyway and 2) I hate the fact that there's no congressional representation but yet we pay the same taxes as everyone else. Which is why they're putting "Taxation without Representation" on our DC flag and on the license plates.

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                      X