Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Fatal shooting in KC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatal shooting in KC

My sister went up to the JCC to go swim and found a crime scene. Apparently there have been multiple shootings at two different Jewish community locations. She said she saw the deceased being taken away. She immediately turned her car around and drove home.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/fatal-shoot...enter/25457124

MrsK, I hope you are safe and nowhere near the JCC today.
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Wow. I'm horrified.
    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

How awful!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Veronica
      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

How horrific. MrsK - I hope you're all safe!
        Jen
        Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Fatal shooting in KC

The latest I saw said the death was in the auditorium where teens were auditioning for a singing show. The 2nd shooting was at a Village Shalom which is an assisted living facility nearby, they caught him at an elementary school not far away.
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

We're ok. Just posted in another thread. Shaken. Totally flipping out.
            Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

They're now saying 3 dead
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
                We're ok. Just posted in another thread. Shaken. Totally flipping out.

Glad everyone is OK. I hate that my sister could have been just that much earlier and been in the parking lot. Postpartum hormones seems to be making it worse and I am obsessing. I really hope the man in custody is the one and that it really is over.
                -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

So, so terrible. Try to focus on your little one instead of what ifs, L. I'm so glad your sister's ok

Comment

Oh my god, this is horrifying. So sad. I'm glad everyone here is safe and accounted for but yes, I'm sure those in the area/with family in the area are very shaken. Hugs to all...
                    Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Ugh. Makes me sick.
                      I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

I'm so glad everyone here is OK. What's going on in this world? *hugs*
                        Angie
                        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Working...
                        X