Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

IPad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPad

DH bought a new Air to take to work which means I get his iPad which was supposed to be for work but never used it. What do you do with your iPad? Is it really just a big iPhone without the phone part?
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

I use it to surf the internet mostly (news, Facebook, iMSN, Pinterest, etc)...I almost never use an actual computer for non-work tasks anymore.

Comment

I watch movies on it. Hehe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Veronica
      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Kindle app. News apps. I use it just like my phone, but it's more comfortable. I used it a lot in law school with that wireless keyboard too.

Mine (first generation - with an AT&T data plan back when you couldn't get a Verizon iPad - remember those days) just officially broke two weeks ago. Won't turn on. I'm sad.

Comment

Oh and I loved watching tv shows on it. It was great for nights I couldn't sleep so that I didn't disturb DH too much.

Comment

My kids have taken over our iPads. Seriously, 90 percent of their use is by our kids. I use it to read at night from the Kindle app. Dh's EMR uses iPads, but he only uses his work issued one. I still prefer my phone, even though it has a smaller screen.
            Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

We have four iPads. Yes you read that correctly. I don't use mine that much. Mostly for surfing Zillow and watching HBO Go when I'm to lazy to use Apple TV. Everyone else in my family loves their iPads. I personally stick to my iPhone for everything. DH reads on his and no longer uses his Paperwhite Kindle and uses it for work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JaneDoe View Post
                My kids have taken over our iPads. Seriously, 90 percent of their use is by our kids. I use it to read at night from the Kindle app. Dh's EMR uses iPads, but he only uses his work issued one. I still prefer my phone, even though it has a smaller screen.
                Yep, same here. I *never* use my ipad anymore. It's stored on top of the refrigerator. If it's down within DD's reach, she will be on it, playing games and watching shows. Plus, I locked it down and don't have email or anything useful for me anymore. So, my phone is more useful to me. I had to remove my email from the ipad after my DD almost emailed one of my ranty draft emails to our landlord, that I did NOT want them to see!
                Wife to a urologist; Mom to 2 wonderful kiddos

Comment

I pretty much use it as a bigger version of my phone, but it's much better with apps that have a lot of photos. (FB, Instagram, Zillow, Pinterest, etc.) I'll go through phases where I use it a ton, and then barely at all.

Comment

DH has a mini he takes to work everyday. We have an attachable keyboard he loves. I only use it when he needs the computer (we have a 2nd computer but it's as old as the hills). Love the convenience of buying / downloading books on it. That's about it.

Comment

It's great for minor photo editing, news, books, magazines (I have a few subscriptions on the Newstand app), and cloud based work. I was surprised that I could also use it directly for making videos in iMovie and as a scanner for documents. It's much easier to tote around than my laptop and the integrated camera makes it actually a stronger device for certain jobs.
                      Angie
                      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

If you put your movies and photos on it doesn't that eat up all the memory though.
                        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

You can store in the cloud (photo stream) or upload directly to Dropbox.

Angie
                          Angie
                          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I also use it as a cookbook

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. MD, Esq. View Post
                              I also use it as a cookbook
                              Oh me too!

Comment

Working...
                              X