Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Leaving it all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving it all

Hypothetical question:

If you could pick up today and leave it all behind - call schedules, board exams, conflicting child activity schedules, med school loans, home repairs, car repairs, annoying in laws - and move your family and spouse to any city/country in the world, where would you choose and why?
    Last edited by WolfpackWife; 04-18-2014, 08:58 AM.
    Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

If Stockholm, Sweden or Copenhagen, Denmark weren't so damn cold, those would intrigue me (never been, ha!).

Anyone know of a very civilized, secular, liberal, free country in a equatorial, tropical climate? There.
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

little known fact. My husband's first degree is in horticulture. Sometimes I wonder if he'll come home one day saying he's quit and moving me to the jungle.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher View Post
        If Stockholm, Sweden or Copenhagen, Denmark weren't so damn cold, those would intrigue me (never been, ha!).

Anyone know of a very civilized, secular, liberal, free country in a equatorial, tropical climate? There.
        New Zealand. I'll join you there, Heidi!
        Sandy
        Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Originally posted by poky View Post
          New Zealand. I'll join you there, Heidi!
          (There are parts of Australia that are more tropical, but all the poisonous critters there make me less enchanted with the place).
          Sandy
          Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Sweet!
            Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

We talk about this all. The. Time. Or at least I do.

I think I'm meant to be a nomad because a lot of places sound pretty awesome.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm pretty happy with suburban, Midwestern living But, for the sake of argument, I'd do either Germany or Italy or France. I have never been to Germany, but hear it's fairly similar to the US. Italy is beautiful and has a slower pace of life. France seems to be well-embraced by ex-pats and offers great things in terms of education and healthy living.
                Jen
                Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I'm inclined to say Paris, because I'm fantasizing about it this morning. But that sounds so run-of-the-mill. I know it would also be crowded and our living space likely small. I think I'd prefer a countryside area in the Netherlands or Switzerland - somewhere close by larger cities and a train ride away from weekends in Paris or elsewhere in Europe. Italy is tempting, but knowing how rough and unstable their economy and government is, it would probably be stressful.
                  Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Ireland...DH and I loved it when we went last year!

Comment

Maybe Japan? Or domestic, New England or PNW or Bay Area. We like cold and rain.

Comment

Leaving it all

Originally posted by Curegirl View Post
                        Maybe Japan? Or domestic, New England or PNW or Bay Area. We like cold and rain.

One of my favorite places to visit is Cape Cod. Provincetown is a blast.

Comment

Let's move near each other and away from cracked out neighbors (yours and mine).

Comment

Munich, but only for like 6 months.

Asheville
                            Boulder

But I need a pretty house overlooking mountains
                            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I think we'd move to the Santa Barbara area, but only if we had enough money to buy an awesome house and live super comfortably. (This is fantasy land, right?) We'd be close enough to family without being too close, there's lots of great Mexican food, and there's always the chance that Oprah and I might run into each other at the farmers market and become BFFs.

Comment

Working...
                              X