Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Valentine shocker...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valentine shocker...

I had the shock of my life on Valentine's Day. Since it was DH's first actual weekend off since December, I slept in and he appeared at 10:30 to tell me he'd put the dog in the kennel for the weekend and we were going to Little Rock to shop, and we should pack an overnight bag in case we had to stay overnight due to snow in the forecast.

I got upset about the dog part, so I made him tell me what he was really up to. He had booked us overnight for a Valentine's package at the Peabody Hotel in Little Rock, and it was charming. We got to see the ducks parade from the fountain to the elevator in the lobby, had drinks in the bar, champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries in our room, and turndown service with fluffy Frette robes and roses and chocolates on the bed. We ordered dinner from room service and lounged under the duvet--watching "Most Extreme Elimination" on Spike TV in bed and laughing our heads off. I was totally blown away as it's totally out of character for him to plan something like this. (Until I found out that his nurses had put him up to it...)

Did anyone else get a surprise?

We didn't do anything because my husband doesn't believe in Valentines Day But your day sounded great, I hope some day nurses will put dh up to something like that.

Kristen

Comment

No surprises here, though I got a nice card. That sounds like a fantastic Valentine's Day though! We've seen the Peabody ducks in Memphis, which is pretty neat!
      Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

WOW!! That sounds incredible!! I am so glad that you got to do something so fun! It sounds like your dh has a great nursing staff . Around here, dh had a date with the hospital - he was on call from sat. morning until sun afternoon . But he did get points for taking me out the night before - we got a sitter and went to a really nice restaurant, then came back home where I surprised him with baked alaska for desert and we ate it by candle light after we put the kids down.

Have a great day!

Jen B.

31 days and counting until the MATCH!!

Comment

Ah...romance isn't dead, even though it was helped out a little! That sounds like a great way to spend Valentine's Day.

We gave our neighbors a night out, they have two children that are the same age as ours, so we watched them so that they coud have the evening out.

Someday we will do something just for us.....someday.

Comment

That's very sweet - sounds like you guys had a wonderful Valentine's Day.

We went out to a very nice French restaurant Friday night since that was when our sitter was available. Then this weekend he gave me a fondue pot and made some wonderful fondue. I guess that in itself was a surprise now that I think of it since my DH is very culinarily challenged and he worked very hard on making the cheese smooth!

Matt, that was very nice of you and your wife to babysit for another couple. I hope your good deed comes back to you multi-fold.

Comment

Elizabeth, that's awesome!!

I had a surprise too. Thomas took me out for dinner and then gave me my gift...a foot massage/pedicure kit. After dinner, he took me home, drew me a hot bath (complete with lavendar bath crystals) and made me hot tea while I was soaking. When I got out, he had the whole pedicure thing set up and gave me a total pedicure.....Then he made me another cup of tea and went to pick up the kids....

It was really awesome...and totally unexpected.

kris
              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Sounds wonderful!!!!!
                We had lunch and then went to work!!!!
                Luanne
                Luanne
                wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona
                  I had a surprise too. Thomas took me out for dinner and then gave me my gift...a foot massage/pedicure kit. After dinner, he took me home, drew me a hot bath (complete with lavendar bath crystals) and made me hot tea while I was soaking. When I got out, he had the whole pedicure thing set up and gave me a total pedicure.....Then he made me another cup of tea and went to pick up the kids....

It was really awesome...and totally unexpected.

kris
                  Yay Thomas! Looks like he has his moments...

Comment

Working...
                  X