Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Feeling sad for a friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling sad for a friend

I've had one of those challenging weeks of being a med spouse. I think I cried on and off Monday and most of Tuesday. My cold got really bad yesterday and I'm still feeling all kinds of uncomfortable being 29 weeks pregnant. I had lunch with a friend today. I knew she had lost a friend last weekend. She told me all the details of his suicide today at lunch. The poor man suffered from schizophrenia and had went off his medication. From what she said he never stopped taking his meds in all the many years they have known him. He started hearing voices, sent a totally bizarre email to close family friends describing the chip he thought was implanted into his brain, and then he parked behind a church early Sunday morning and stabbed himself to death. Well, that pretty much snapped me out of my one man pity party. Please just keep my friend and her husband in your thoughts. This was my friend's husband's best friend. They talked to each other every day, very close. They are traumatized by this and feel so lost.
    Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
    "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

So sorry!!!!!!

Comment

I'm so sorry for them. How sad.
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

This is so tragic. I can't imagine what they're going through.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
        Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
        Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

schizophrenia is such a devastating illness

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

So sorry to hear that. Loss is never easy and this one sounds especially hard...

Comment

This is a nightmare of mine. I can't imagine how hard it is to love someone with schizophrenia. You'd just be afraid for them and not know exactly how to help. I'm so sorry for your friends.

Angie
              Angie
              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

My heart goes out to them

Comment

How awful!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
                  Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

so sad
                    I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Originally posted by Cleave View Post
                      So sorry to hear that. Loss is never easy and this one sounds especially hard...
                      I think it is especially hard on all of them. My friend and her husband are in their early 50's, never had children and very little extended family. I think the man that killed himself was also about the same age and also didn't have children or much family. His wife is from China and is totally without any extended family members in the US. Their friendship WAS their family.
                      Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                      "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

That's awful

Comment

How awful.
                          Laurie
                          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

ITA W/MrsK...how tragic.

Comment

Working...
                            X