Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Best summer day ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best summer day ever!

We got through an entire sunny day at the pool without having to leave for naps or meltdowns! I'm walking on clouds. Everyone played, and swam, and played and I sent them to the pool snack stand to tell *someone else* when they were hungry. It. Was. Awesome. If can totally get into this summer with older kids thing.
    -Ladybug

Sounds awesome!!
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Wonderful!!!
      Tara
      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

What LadyM said. Gives a momma a little something to dream about.
        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Ladybug - you are in the golden years. Enjoy them! Kids that aren't little anymore but aren't yet teens are much more mellow than any other stage. And summer is so fun!

Angie
          Angie
          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

We are entering this phase, too ... so fun! We spent a great day at our pool today where the kids ran around with their friends while DH and I chatted with grown-ups. It was a lovely day.
            ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
            -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I thought of you today: http://redefinedmom.com/im-a-lounge-chair-mom-finally/
              Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Super excited for you guys! Love it!!!
                Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

I'm lovin' the lounge chair mom lifestyle! I think this might be the most perfect summer of my life. DS is not dangerous around water, but he's still stays close by and cuddles frequently. He was curled up in my lap eating french fries and telling me how much he loves me. He was watching the older boys play soccer, but he's not there yet. I watch the slightly older boys and they're having non-stop fun playing, but they only talk to their moms when they're hungry or she's quickly applying sunscreen while they wiggle and run back to their friends. I unintentionally walked into a (great!) family with a daughter 2 years older than my oldest DD having an argrument about the daughter's inappropriate choice of swimwear for swim practice. She ended up sitting out of practice. There's an impending clothing tug-of-war around the corner for us...but I'm not there yet. I'm wish I could freeze time. For this nanosecond of my parenting life everyone is that perfect blend of independence and need for cuddles and reassurance. Of course everyone had meltdowns and we left early today, but you can only go for so many long days of sun and fun without everyone needing serious naps and alone time.
                  Last edited by Ladybug; 06-29-2014, 02:42 PM.
                  -Ladybug

Comment

Working...
                  X