Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Public Rant/vent thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's a turbo prop plane doing stunts right over my house, stalling their engines, dropping, then starting them again. Who the hell does this over a residential area and two schools?
    Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
    Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

• Hi, superiors at work! Let me explain how shit goes:

You can have it done fast.
      You can have it done cheap.
      You can have it done right.

Now pick 2 and leave me the fuck alone so I can do my work.

Kisses,

Your faithful employee

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs. MD, Esq. View Post
        Hi, superiors at work! Let me explain how shit goes:

You can have it done fast.
        You can have it done cheap.
        You can have it done right.

Now pick 2 and leave me the fuck alone so I can do my work.

Kisses,

Your faithful employee
        Here you go: http://craigsroda.com/wp-content/upl...nn-Diagram.png
        Sandy
        Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

• Originally posted by wiva View Post
          My phone qualifies for a free battery replacement for Apple, so I made an appointment with the Genius Bar at our local Apple store and specified "battery replacement" when I made the appointment. Rearranged my afternoon to make it on time and took an hour and a half out of my day only to be told that "oh, sorry, we ran out of batteries for the day!"

Now maybe it's just me, but it seems like if you have a customer who made an appointment four days in advance to HAVE A BATTERY REPLACED, you might think to save a battery for them. They can do this. I know they can, because they told me they'd do it for me. Tomorrow (and of course I'm on call and can't be without my phone or tied down anywhere). And maybe I could understand if they thought that perhaps I don't need a replacement and that I'm just an iIdiot and they wanted to run some tests or check out my phone first before determining what I needed, but they didn't do a single thing except get the serial number off of it.

I'm so annoyed with them right now!
          Similar scenario happened to DH. We made the appt, went to the Apple store while on vacay, they did not have the batteries. They, however, ran the test and made us an appointment at the Apple store close to our home and made notes so the other store would have all the necessary info. The 2nd store called us a few hours before our appointment to tell us they were out of batteries via voicemail. They told us to call an 800 number. When we did, the apple rep told us we needed to mail the phone to them. When DH told them he could not be without his phone, they told him he could pay $29 to have another phone mailed while his was being fixed and that the cost of the phone would be charged to our credit card until we returned it. DH told them such was not acceptable because it is not his fault the battery has failed and asked to speak with a supervisor. Long story short, DH is getting a whole new phone...problem is that the store did not have any 64s that day so we will have to go back sometime this week.

Moral of the story...keep asking for a higher up that can actually help you.
          Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

• Originally posted by poky View Post
            Haha I cannot tell you how tempted I am to hand that over at tomorrow's meeting.

Comment

• I'm so over today, this week, this month, whatever. E is still sick. We got drops for her eyes, but whatever the pediatrician prescribed was $100, and I'm not paying that when I'm pretty sure there's a cheaper option, although they didn't call me back with a new prescription, so I can't start those tonight. I feel like crap, coming down with whatever she has, of course. In the last month, she's been home sick for several days twice now, plus her school was closed for a week and then for labor day. I am ridiculously behind at work. I'm exhausted because I stayed up until midnight trying to finish a lecture video for my class, but I need to finish the other half for them by tomorrow night at the latest. My research is even further behind. My mom normally helps out, but she's out of town visiting my grandma. Most of my friends have kids, and I don't want to ask them to watch her and get their own kids sick. Hubby was on call last night and has a 6pm conference tonight, so he's pretty much useless. I need a break. And sleep. After I get caught up.
              Last edited by alotofyarn; 09-03-2014, 04:39 PM.
              Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

• Hmm..disappointing about the Apple store service.  I had gone on their website on Friday to make an appointment for the Genius Bar, but decided to also call the local store to verify that I could just bring my phone in.  They said that making an appointment wouldn't guarantee that a battery would be available, but if one was there they could swap it out there.  If one wasn't available, they'd order one and reserve it for me.  They said this was a "known problem" and because so many people are getting the battery replacement I guess they can't keep enough.  It just seems like an inefficient way to service your customers.  I actually just skipped my appointment on Tuesday evening because I didn't want to go to the mall for no reason.  I have to go for something this weekend anyway so I figured I'd just pop in then.  calling ahead and asking them to hold one is fruitless because I don't think they will do it unless you are there in person.  So annoying. 
                Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

• The beginning of our battery replacement saga was the only annoying part for me (made the appt, only to find out when I got there with both phones and all of my kids in tow) that they were out of batteries. Said they would order them, they'd arrive in 3-5 days, and then they would hold them for 14 days.

I got a call the next day, saying the batteries were in. I made another appointment, dropped off the phones (was told it would take an hour), and picked them up when they were done. So the actual replacement of the batteries was super-easy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                  -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

• Nothing more annoying than a skinny friend spend 15 solid minutes telling you how she needs to lose weight and can't eat a cookie or she'll blow the fuck up as you stand there obese.

Comment

• I'd be tempted to give her the waterboarding treatment but with cookies.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• I kept thinking, she does see me right in my XL dress??!! It's like what do I say? Cuz clearly, I eat the cookies!

Comment

• My stupid toe hurts. For no reason. I had a muscle spasm in that toe Saturday afternoon. Ridiculous. I can just live without a second toe.

Veronica
                          Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

• I want the fast cheap and right pic for work too! Overseas is synonymous with cheap
                            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• Oh I'm DYING of embarrassment. Someone from a FB group recommended her child's therapist to me (I asked for recommendations) and she wrote his number on the post. It wasn't even a PM. So I call today, and it's his PRIVATE cell phone!!! WTF!! He was super gracious and said he will call me on my cell with the clinic number etc. I don't know why he didn't just hang up on me!!! I tried to research him to call his clinic-- but the army reshuffled and moved his office and yadda yadda. So he's not in the "database" of psychologists.

Yikes.

Note to dh:: don't give patients your cell because they may turn around and post it on a Facebook page!!
                              Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

• One of the cats (the problem cat, of course), just scratched E in the face. It was probably warranted (I turned around for a minute and didn't see it), but she's been chasing them for a couple of months without incident. I washed it and put antibiotic ointment on it, but I'm not sure the best way to keep it form happening again. I'm pretty sure hubby is going to be pissed.
                                Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Working...
                                X