Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Life 360 App

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life 360 App

I know a few of you use it - I got the idea of downloading it onto our phones after some of your comments. It makes figuring out whether or not DH is on his way home or still at the hospital so much easier.

But, I just realized it also shows you purple dots for crimes and sex offenders. I am horrified and disgusted by the number of sex offenders that are around my office (yay working downtown!). Does anyone know if this means that's currently where the criminals are, or where they were arrested? I don't understand the information it's giving me and how it relates to the current location of these people, all I know is there are waaaaay too many sex offenders within a 10 block radius of where I work. Luckily, no violent crimes down here, though. At least not as far as Life 360 is concerned.
    Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Probably where they live
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I think those are the registered addresses of the sex offenders. Yeah, it's freaky. My last neighborhood looked like it had herpes. Fortunately my current area just has some car break-ins and not much else.
      Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

I was thinking it was where they lived but some of the addresses - like where my parking deck is - aren't residential areas or places where there are apartments/homes. It was weird because some of the addresses are government buildings but not where there is a jail or prison. Anyway. Not happy.
        Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MsSassyBaskets View Post
          I think those are the registered addresses of the sex offenders. Yeah, it's freaky. My last neighborhood looked like it had herpes. Fortunately my current area just has some car break-ins and not much else.
          When I figured it out I immediately went to our neighborhood in the app to check it out. Only one hit and run in a parking lot in our apartment complex and nothing else. Next complex over there was a drunken noise complaint, but that's it. Drunk people I can deal with. Rapists, no.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WolfpackWife View Post
            I was thinking it was where they lived but some of the addresses - like where my parking deck is - aren't residential areas or places where there are apartments/homes. It was weird because some of the addresses are government buildings but not where there is a jail or prison. Anyway. Not happy.
            parole offices, for someone who doesn't have a permanent address?
            Kris

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
              parole offices, for someone who doesn't have a permanent address?
              A-ha. Also makes sense!

sigpic

Comment

To help with the privacy of the offenders, who have generally served their time already, they don't usually give the exact street address. They certainly don't track them minute by minute. Anyway not all offenders are at a high risk to re-offend, and not all offenders committed violent crimes.

We have a Level 3 offender in our tiny town, and because the town is tiny I know exactly where he lives (about 2 blocks from my home). Knowledge is power, don't be scared just remember to be aware at all times and live your life in a sane way.
                Alison

Comment

Depends on the jurisdiction, but those location hits can be the address where they've registered as living or working.

Comment

Working...
                  X