Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Name one thing that has made you happy today.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8O Oh ThuVan.....anything you feel like sharing????

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Nothing's official, I haven't peed on any sticks, and I'm a few days before really knowing, if you know what I mean, and I think you do.

Let's just say by this weekend we'll find out for sure. But I still don't know what that nap was about.

Comment

Originally posted by SueC
        Thu Van, have you had a sip of the water the rest of us have been drinking lately???
        Send some of that water down here! Some of us are trying desperately to get started...

Comment

Thu Van,

In your immortal words,

"You Dawg, You!"

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

ThuVan: weren't you the one calling ME crazy????

kris
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I am staying out of this one!

The appt. has been made, the procedure has been scheduled.....April 22 is d-day (or is that v-day?) around here.

Sally
              Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

You guys got me now!

Comment

So, Thu Van........

I have been curious about this all weekend!

Is number 4 on the way?

Sally

Comment

okay, drum roll, please....

And the verdict from this weekend (other than Martha's) is that I am not pregnant. I hope no one's too disappointed. I went through the mixed feelings of "whew/aaawww, man" but figure we've been playing russian roulette during our whole marriage and that's been the method of choice for us. DH was relieved, however, as he's been thinking how much easier life has been now that our youngest is 3 and a half already.

Sally, so you've got another 6 weeks to go before The Day. Have you said goodbye to your baby years? It is rather bittersweet and I can imagine that emotional rollercoaster.

Comment

Thanks for the update Thu Van--I was dyeing(sp?--I've got to learn how to spell this word!) to know as well! I'll bet that would bring on mixed emotions when you've got your youngest getting out of toddler-hood. I'm hoping to feel very strongly that we are done after this baby comes...
                      Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Thu Van,

I am feeling a little sentimental about the passing of the baby years, but in reality I don't really want to go back to nursing and being under the tyranny of the baby's schedule & needs right when we are selling our house/moving/DH starting a new job......I would do the best I could if I ended up pregnant, but I think I would just rather not! I am 35 and will turn 36 this year, and I was 25 when I got pregnant the first time. As things stand now, I will be 51 when my youngest graduates from high school, and I really don't want to push it any further than that. If I had started having children later, I would feel differently, but I have really not done much other than mother so far in my adult life, and I have an inkling that there are some other things I would like to try, although being a mom will always come first.

I had two extremely difficult babies and I am sure that colors my feelings somewhat, but even if I was sure to have an easy baby, it would still really interfere with the things that my other kids are starting to get involved in......I don't want to be stuck at home waiting for naptime to be over while one of my older kids is at a swim meet or a soccer game. I thought my third child would be a "typical" third child, you know, a kind of roll-with-it sleep anywhere baby.......DEFINITELY not the case. He thrived (and still thrives) on a rock solid routine and anytime I messed with it, there was hell to pay.

BUT, I will miss the sweetness and the new baby smell and the warm fuzzies you get from holding a little one, and how cute it is when they try to do something new, and the funny things they say when they first start to talk, and the chance to watch a new little personality emerge, and the look of pure adoration and excitement they get on their face when they see you after you have been away from them, like after naptime or when they have been with a babysitter. Quite a long list!

Anyway, I think I am okay with this. It is bittersweet to say goodbye to this time in my life though, especially because I don't have anything concrete in mind that I am looking forward to doing as they get older. I am hoping that will change as we figure out where we are going after the Air Force. One thing is for sure.....I would do it all again, even the hard stuff, to have the three boys I have now......I would maybe even have tried to have them a little closer together so that I could have ended up with four. But I feel very blessed that they are all healthy and that I had three uneventful pregnancies and births.....with DH's job, I am reminded almost every day that those things are not to be taken for granted.

Thanks for asking....I am sure you weren't expecting a book!

Sally

Comment

Working...
                        X